Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Best Part of Me

Happy Tuesday!

The other day I did a fun writing activity with my students, based of the book, The Best Part of Me, by Wendy Ewald.




After looking through the book, my students and I chatted about how God made each of us to be the unique beings we are. We chatted about Psalm 139:14...

"I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Then I asked them to think of the best part of THEM. 

It was easy for them to think of ideas for their classmates. My class is definitely very complimentary. They have no problem showering praise and encouragement on their classmates. But thinking of something for themselves was a little harder...

But they did it.

And it turned out so much better than I could have imagined. 

No photo description available.

And in case anyone's wondering, all I did was help spell a few words. The rest - The thoughts and sentences - They were all them. 

And I love it.

No photo description available.
 
I love the genuine beauty of their writing.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

I love to see their thinking put onto paper.

Image may contain: text

I love seeing their love for others and themselves.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

I love seeing them recognize their own talents and giftings.

No photo description available.

And sure... This writing project did get them a writing grade.

But it was more than that.

It was a way to open their minds and their hearts to recognizing the unique way that God created each and every one of them. It was a way to open their minds and hearts to not just loving others, but also to loving themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment