Monday, May 27, 2013

Currently...

It's currently sinking in that I only have 3 more days after today with my 1st graders. Where has this school year gone?

I'm currently starting to make my packing list for the summer. I'll be landing in good ol' America in 11 days! I wonder how many times I can ask where this year's gone...

I'm currently happy I found a dress for our school's Junior Senior Banquet that 1) fits awesomely and 2) I love love love! Can you tell I'm excited? :)

I'm currently realizing, though, that I don't have shoes to match my dress. I guess that means I'm making a trip to the Saturday market...

I'm currently bummed that Senegal is going to start requiring us to get a visa. It's been so nice not having to worry about that.

I'm currently counting down the days 'til I can see my niece. It's 15 days from today in case anyone's wondering.

I'm currently excited about the field trip my class is going on today. Their excitement has been contagious and is rubbing off on me. They're all so stoked about going to the zoo and then having a picnic in the park. You'd think I was giving them a million bucks by the way they've been talking about this trip.

I'm currently thinking about the dream I had last night. It was so realistic. It took a few minutes after I woke up to realize that hadn't really happened - that it was only a dream.

I'm currently thankful for a friend that let me use her oven to make my zillion and one cupcakes last night. My oven is so tiny that it would've taken me 2 or 3 times as long to make them at home. Plus I got to have some fun company and be entertained while I was there.

I'm currently considering going to the market this weekend. I need to get a few more "thank you" gifts for people to take back to the States with me. I so don't enjoy bargaining for a price though. I need to find someone to do that for me. Ha! :)

I'm currently feeling sad about leaving 1st grade. I'm so excited about teaching ESL. But elementary school has been my "home" for the past 5 years (4 here, 1 in the States). I'm ready to move forward, but at the same time, I'm sad about leaving. It's bittersweet I guess. I'm thinking I'm going to be pretty emotional on Friday. Bring on the tears... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment