Friday, May 10, 2013

The 61st Dear ____ Post

Dear Technology Break, You're what I'm going to be taking next week. I think it'll be nice to not be "tied" to a computer for a few days. And to my parents - Don't worry. I'll try not to ignore you completely, and will let you know I'm alive :)

Dear University of South Alabama, It's been nice saying I was a student of you. However, I must say that I am beyond excited to say that, as of today, I am FINALLY finished with grad school! :)

Dear Going to Dinner with Friends, You're what I'm doing tonight. Yay for good food and more importantly...good friends :)

Dear Homemade Chocolate Milkshake, I got to enjoy you earlier this week. After a particularly rough day, you (and a long chat with a friend) were quite the mood lifter :)

Dear 6 Almost 7 Hour Power Cut, We had you on Wednesday. And after not having a power cut like that for a while, I must admit I wasn’t totally thrilled with you. However, you weren’t all bad. My computer battery ended up being drained, so I chose to take a long nap and then I woke up to have a long chat with my Maker about all sorts of things, so that was nice :)

Dear Mother’s Day Craft, I found the idea for you on Pinterest last week. Then one of my teacher buddies gave me an idea for thumbprint flower-painting to go along with it. And I must say, you turned out pretty awesome-ly. Thanks for being such a fun craft for my class to make and for making them (and me) smile so much.

Dear Haircut, I got you the day before yesterday. You left me feeling ten pounds lighter :) I’m so glad the sweet lady that did you is here in the country and is so good at what she does. I’ve always preferred my hair short. And this time didn’t disappoint. Thanks for being a nice part of my day Thursday :)

Dear Good Luck Card, My 1st graders asked me if we could make you for our high school aide that helps us out 2 days a week to wish him Good Luck on his exams this week. So they dictated what was possibly the sweetest letter ever and even asked if we could give him an Iron Man pencil because, and I quote, “He needs a superhero pencil Miss Nichols, so he can make a superhero grade on his big tests.” I wish I’d taken a picture of the letter. Seriously…it was the sweetest thing ever! And they were so happy to give it to him! :)

Dear ESL, I really want to teach you next year. But we still haven’t found someone to take the 1st grade position, meaning I can’t leave it to teach ESL. So, to anyone dying to teach 1st grade at an awesome school in West Africa… Come on and apply. We need you! :)


Dear Whistling, This week, my class all realized they are able to do you. And oh my word, that sound… Wow! You sure can get loud!

Dear Marriage, You were the topic of conversation between two of my 1st grade boys earlier this week. According to them it’s yucky and gross because you have to kiss girls and that’s disgusting! Plus, you have a butterfly that lives in your belly telling you to be in love. Ha! :)


Dear I Heart Gelato, You’re the name of a gelato place here in Dakar. You have a nice selection and you’re prices are pretty reasonable. I must say… I think you’re pretty great. Now if we could just get you to start carrying obama flavored ice cream like N’ice Cream does, we’d be all set…

Dear Killing Trees, I didn’t realize how much I do of you, ‘til I was making copies for the entire week of school. Wow! Sorry environment…

Dear iPad, You fell earlier this week. You were sitting on the corner of my coffee table and when I walked by, I accidentally bumped into you, causing you to fall, screen first, to the floor. Now you have a lovely "smashed" look in one corner. You're still usable, though, thankfully. Your appearance is just a little sad at the moment...

Dear Life, It’s interesting sometimes, the things you bring about… The way things happen… The people that come along… I often wonder why things in life happen the way they do. Then I remember… It’s all a part of the master plan of the One who gave me life. I’m thankful for the life I have and all the things in it – the good, the bad, the otherwise…

Dear Unrestrained By Mandisa, Someone played you in staff devotions yesterday morning. If it wasn’t for being in a room full of people, I probably would've cried like a baby. Your lyrics are so amazing. Thank you for reminding me of the love of the Father and how unrestrained I should be in my worship and adoration of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment