Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thankful Thursday





This week I’m focusing on just a few of the many people I’m thankful for, like…
  • people that treat me like I’m a member of their family.
  • friends that have recognized my upcoming graduation, leaving me feeling encouraged and loved.
  • friends who’ve let me “cry on their shoulder” when tough things have come along and have offered advice and encouragement when needed.
  • the lady that’s going to cut my hair this afternoon. I’m so ready for it to be cut and thinned and am so thankful that this lady could fit me in.
  • men, women, boys, and girls that are supporting me and my ministry here. I don’t know how to ever thank them enough for the endless amounts of support through prayer, encouraging notes, and financial support.
  • the 4 boys and 4 girls that make up my 1st grade class this year. I am so thankful for them. They have challenged me so much this year (in a good way) to be a better teacher. 
  • teachers I have had, especially Mr. Jerry Strickland, who passed away this week. I’m so thankful for teachers that took the time to pour into my life, teach me about more than just the required curriculum, and to make me want to become the teacher I am today. I only hope that one day I can be half the teacher Mr. Strickland was and that I can be an inspiration to at least one of my students like he was for me.
  • my Savior and the hope I have in Him.
Obviously there are SO VERY MANY MORE people I could list on here. But these were the main ones that have stuck out in my mind this week.

So who are you especially thankful for this week and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment