Saturday, May 4, 2013

The 60th Dear ____ Post

Dear Elisabeth, Did you realize that you are FINISHED with grad school? Now you just have to wait on your final grades and your diploma, and you, Elisabeth, will have your Master's degree? :)

Dear Parking Lot Duty, You are typically a responsibility of my job that I don't enjoy. But this week... This week you've been all right :)

Dear The Notebook, You are such an awesome movie. I totally heart you :)

Dear Videos of My Niece, You make me smile. ...especially the ones where she's giggling :)

Dear Cookies Made From a Boxed Strawberry Cake Mix, You started as a lazy alternative to making treats. But you know what... You actually turned out pretty tasty. I was pleasantly surprised.

Dear Last Grad School Assignment, I turned you in yesterday around 6:00. Do you know what a relief that was? I wonder if I'll be bored now... Ha! :)

Dear Cinco de Mayo, You're tomorrow. I'll be having a tasty lunch full of all sorts of Mexican yumminess with co-workers. Yay for Mexican food and hanging out with a great group of people.

Dear Skype, Thanks for making it so easy (and cheap) to talk to my family. You are an awesome invention! And I just thought you should know how I felt about you :)

Dear 30 Day Shred (workout video), You are hard work! Oh my goodness... But you are so very worth it!

Dear Elf (the movie), I watched you the other night while finishing up my grad school work. I realize it’s the beginning of May and nowhere near Christmas, but I was in the mood for something funny, but not totally distracting so I could still work. Anywho… Elf, you did the trick. You are such a funny movie! P.S. “I like Smiling. It’s my favorite.” is a quote from the movie that I love and use quite often! :)

Dear Words That End in “en”, You have always been hard for my Southern accented self to pronounce correctly. But for whatever reason, this week, I’ve been “magically” able to pronounce you correctly. I’m not sure why… I guess all of my learnin’ :) has finally paid off. Ha! :)

Dear Someone Who Teaches 1st Grade OR Someone Who Teaches High School Math, We need both of you at Dakar Academy for the 2013-2014 school year. You’re the only 2 positions left open at this point. So if anyone reading this post knows of anyone that would be qualified for either of those positions, PLEASE let me know and I’ll put you into contact with our principal.

No comments:

Post a Comment