Friday, May 17, 2013

The 62nd Dear _____ Post

Dear Teaching ESL, I so want to be able to have you as my job next year. But I can't unless we get a first grade teacher to replace me. So I'm hoping,  and more importantly, I'm praying that we find somebody. Does this sound desperate? I'm sure it does. ...because even though I have absolutely, positively loved loved loved teaching 1st grade, I believe it's time for a change. I believe God's ready for me to move into the field of ESL. Plus, I'm getting old, so I need to use this recent knowledge I've acquired through my ESL Master's program before I forget it all :) 

Dear Camel, You are such a cool looking animal. I've always been fascinated by you. And earlier this week I was finally able to enjoy the cooked version of you. I must say... You were pretty good. I'm sure PETA would have a "fit" over this one. Ha! :)

Dear Thankful, You're how I feel for the people and events you bring into my life. I've been reading a book that talks about how NOTHING is a coincidence. ...nothing! Everything happens for a reason and the Master Planner ordains every single tiny (or huge) detail of our lives. It's so cool to see how it works out. Don't you think?

Dear New Fabric, I bought you earlier this week. You're this really pretty mixture of colors - green and brown and purple. Now I just have to decide what to make with you. Hmm... Decisions, decisions...

Dear Cooler Weather, Oh how I enjoy you. Cool breezes, low humidity... I often wish I could live somewhere that experiences you year round. Yep, that'd be nice...

Dear Sleeping Late, I could so get used to you. Anyone who knows me very well, knows you and I haven't always seen eye to eye. I've just never been one to sleep very late. But I've decided you are an awesome, awesome thing and I think the whole world should start enjoying you more. Who agrees with me? :) P.S. I think it's ironic that after writing this part of the post last night, I ended up being wide awake at 5 a.m. today. Boo :(

Dear Phil Robertson's Book Happy Happy Happy, I started reading you this week. I love the show, Duck Dynasty. It's so hilarious! And it's refreshing to see a show that doesn't hide a family's Christian values. So naturally, I wanted to buy you when I first saw you go on sale. And I'm glad I did. So far, you're pretty awesome. And I'm sure the rest will be the same.

Dear Drawing Circles, You're a concept talked about by pastor/author Mark Batterson. I've started incorporating you into my daily quiet time and am loving it. I'm learning so much from Batterson's 40 Day Challenge. Thanks for helping each of my days get started a little better.

Dear Answers, Lately, I've been asking God for a few of you. But I have to remind myself that you don't always come immediately after I ask. Patience seems to be the trait He wants to work on in my life at the moment... :)

Dear Change, Contrary to what one might think, you're not always a bad thing. You can be good. You can also be scary and unknown and even a little unnerving. But the One in charge of your life knows what's best for you and knows every single detail of your life. So why dread change? No. Embrace it. And just to clarify... I'm speaking to myself here too :)

Dear Isaiah, I've been having verses from you brought to mind a lot this week. ...especially from chapters 61 to 64. And all have been good reads. I'm learning a lot out of this!

Dear Obama Flavored Ice Cream, You are seriously my most favorite flavor of ice cream. One of the ice cream shops in town carry your amazing goodness. I went with a couple friends last night and had you. You definitely brightened my night and made me smile. It's the little things in life people :)

Dear Brazilian Food, You're what I'm having tonight. Yay! :)

Dear Shopping and Going to Lunch, You're where I'll be going with friends in a little while. I'm looking forward to it :)

Dear Patience, You're what God seems to be dealing with me about right now in a lot of areas. It's ironic. I am so incredibly patient with my students and with most people in general. But when it comes to my own life...not so much. It's hard sometimes. And I seem to be struggling with it a lot! And clearly, God sees that as something needs to be changed. So Patience, I'm asking that you come quickly so these tests can stop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment