Saturday, March 22, 2014

The 102nd Dear _____ Post

Dear Spring Break, You're finally here! Oh, you have no idea how happy I am to see you!

Dear Sorting and Packing, You're my primary plan of activities for Spring Break. Two suitcases never seemed so small until I started trying to scale everything down to that amount. 

Dear Corn dogs, Funnel Cake, and Duck Dynasty, You're what I shared with friends last night. What a fun way to start the Break!

Dear Clothing Swap, You're what I visited this morning. I donated a LOT, which thankfully helped me  get a head start on my sorting/packing process. And I only brought home a few things. So YAY for not bringing home a lot more things to pack! And my favorite part of the swap was walking around with a friend and each of us picking up things to get and finding out the other had brought them. :)

Dear Let it Go, I've had you stuck in my head all week. I'm thinking somebody working for Frozen knew what they were doing. Ha! :)

Dear June, I can't believe you're when I'll be leaving Dakar and heading back to the States to begin a time of budget raising to help me be able to come back to Dakar and work with the Wolof people. I've been in Dakar for almost 5 years. It's going to be so weird to be "home" for that long...

Dear Teaching Job, Since I won't receive a salary with the A/G while raising support, I've been given permission to get a teaching job. Praise Jesus for that! I'm praying hard and filling out applications, mailing resume's, and contacting principals, all the while hoping for just the right job to open up and principal to hire me. *To anyone reading this, feel free to help me pray for this...and more specifically, for a job near my parents so I can live with them and help them out too!

Dear Confused, You're what some people have been (and might be after reading the above item on this list). I've had a few people ask what will happen to their monthly support if I'm not receiving a monthly salary. Well, it's actually going to be a good thing... The money will go into my AGWM account and will help raise my "cash" budget. This is the side of the budget for one-time ("cash") donations. So anyone sending in monthly pledges/commitments will still be helping me raise my budget!

Dear New Blog Series, You're what I'm planning to start this coming week. You're going to highlight all the details surrounding this new change in my missions adventure :) P.S. I love the idea of it being an adventure. How cool is it that God calls us on adventures! Don't you agree?! :)

Dear A Mouthful of Air, You're the title of the book I'm reading right now. You're a book on language and how our bodies produce language. And while you may sound a bit boring, you actually are pretty interesting. The whole concept of linguistics has always been fascinating to me. In fact, if I'd went on to get my doctorate, that's what I would've studied. I totally checked out the doctoral program in linguistics at Vanderbilt, but considering I can't really afford another degree due to the fact I'm already in student loan debt up to my eyeballs, I'm thinking I'll refrain. ...unless some incredibly rich person wants to donate to the cause. Ha! :)

Dear God's Timing, You're the title of the devotion topic I shared in staff devotions yesterday. ...a little ironic considering my current frustration with Uncle Sam and having to pay the government instead of them giving me a tax refund. I seem to be wondering "why" instead of telling God, "ok. I give you control." I'm thinking He's trying to teach me a lesson. Hmm....

Dear Habakkuk 2:3 - You're one of the verses I used yesterday when I had to lead staff devotions. ...a verse I've read many times before, but never really thought much about it. Thanks for the lesson you taught me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment