Thursday, March 20, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #124 - 129

Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 6 new things...

#124 - a salad bar

Last Friday was Junior Carnival at my school and one of the meal choices was a salad bar with all the fixin's. It was so good!

#125 - a financial answer to prayer

No explanation needed :)

#126 - a testimony given in church

We had a local Brazilian missionary give his testimony in church this past Sunday. It was so amazing to hear how God worked in his life, even from a young age. I loved hearing his story, hearing how God worked through him, and how God's helping him now. 

#127 - a bake sale put on by kids

Some of our students had the big-hearted idea to have a bake sale to raise money for sweet baby Kylie and her parents. Seriously, y'all... These kids planned this event. They asked for people to donate treats to be sold. And then they worked, selling these yummy treats. What a blessing they were! I was so thankful for these kids and their big hearts wanting to bless someone else!

#128 - a box of brownie mix

I'd decided to make something for my students as a "Yay! We finished standardized tests!" treat, but didn't know what. Then last week I got a package from the States and it contained, among other things, THE MOST AMAZING BROWNIE MIX EVER (imagine me yelling that excitedly)! So it was a no brainer to make it for my kids. Oh my word... Thank you Jesus for brownie mixes that require hardly any work. Thank you for people that send them in care packages. And thank you for helping me earn a few extra "brownie points" from my kids :)

#129 - a borrowed word game

Yay for games that are fun and educational!

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment