Thursday, March 6, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 106 - 110

Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 5 new things...

#106 - band-aids

I've never really thought about being thankful for these. But when I cut my finger the other night while cooking and couldn't find any bandaids, I immediately realized I'd taken this fabulous invention for granted. And then after I was leaving the store with a new box in my hand, I said a quick word of thanks to God for giving someone the wisdom to make them :)

#107 - an iron skillet

It may have been a heavy addition to my suitcase, taking up precious allotted weight, but it was so worth it. I'm thankful for my mom letting me bring one of hers so 1) I could save money by not having to buy one myself and 2) I could make all sorts of deliciousness in it.

#108 - a gift of potato soup

Yay for a friend that gave me some delicious potato soup! I was so, so thankful for this awesomeness this week!

#109 - new life

My cousin and his wife welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world yesterday. Is there anything more precious than new life? Welcome to the world Mollie Anne! I can't wait to meet you :)

#110 - Romans 12:12

I was reading my devotions the other day and this verse jumped out at me. I'm thankful for God bringing it to my attention at a time when He knew I needed it. 

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment