Saturday, March 29, 2014

The 103rd Dear ____ Post

Dear Spring Break, I love you. That is all.



Dear Mandarin, You were the flavor of gelato I tried the other day. I'm still on the fence. By yourself you were a little weird. But mixed with vanilla, you were pretty good and tasted like these from back in the day...


Dear Sorting and Packing, You've been consuming my life since Spring Break started (minus the time I lost laying on the couch being sick). It's a lot of work. ...far more than I think I even realized. And I know I still have a ways to go. But I have to admit... It's so rewarding to see the progress I've made.


Dear Cold, You're what I had earlier this week and thought was over, but then came back yesterday. Boo to being sick on Spring Break :(



Dear Elisabeth Elliot, Since I first heard about your story, you've been an inspiration to me, as a missionary. I can't imagine the sacrifice made by your husband (and you). I was looking for a quote the other night and came across the one I included below. God, let this be my motto in life...



Dear Live Dead, You're what I'll be a part of when I come back to Senegal after my time of support raising in the States. It's exciting to think about working with people groups that have never heard the Gospel. It's exciting to think about building relationships with people that have never learned about the best relationship possible...one with Jesus Christ.



Dear John 12:24, You're the verse that God keeps bringing to my mind in thinking about what Live Dead means to me personally. I have to be willing to let my old self (plans/agenda/etc.) die, so that new life (in Christ) can grow. I know that this is an incredibly simplistic explanation, but it's an easy way to think about it.


Dear A Higher Missions Budget, You're what I'm going to have to raise to come back to Senegal. My monthly (and most likely my cash too) budget will be a little more than tripling. And while that number is really high, I know that God's in control of my life. ...of every single part of my life - including raising my budget. And I know that God has called me on this new adventure and I know that He will supply all my needs.



Dear Isaiah 41:10, You're the verse God brought to my mind as I was waking up yesterday and thinking about my sweet Daddy who's in the hospital again, battling yet another sickness/infection and facing yet another surgery. I'm so thankful for the One who wipes away my fears, who strengthens me, and who upholds me with his righteous hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment