Saturday, March 1, 2014

The 99th Dear ____ Post

Dear March, How is it possible that you're here? Wasn't it just January?! Time is flying by.

Dear Big News, You're what I shared on my blog yesterday, telling how my ministry assignment will be changing soon.

Dear Dr. Seuss, You're birthday is Sunday. I wonder how many children have learned to read as a result of your books. I wonder if you ever thought about the impact your books would have.

Dear A Car, You're what I'm going to need when I get back to the States. Since I have supporting churches scattered all over Alabama and in a few other states as well (not counting the new churches I hope to pick up), I'll be on the road quite a bit and will need a reliable and affordable car. I'm hoping I can find one for the amount I'm planning to have saved by the time summer gets here. To anyone reading this, please help me pray I can find a good car that's within my price range.

Dear Big Bang Theory, I like watching you. You're funny. But unfortunately, you have quite a few episodes that are quite inappropriate. Thanks for letting this week's episode actually be a good, clean one.

Dear Mosquitos, You've gotten bad all of the sudden. What's the deal? I thought you weren't common this time of year? Feel free to leave.

Dear Lunch with a Friend, You're what I had yesterday. What a nice treat! Since I teach during the week, I don't get chances like that very often. But since we didn't have school yesterday, I jumped at the chance :)

Dear Jalepeno Slices, Dr. Pepper, Snickers with Almonds, and Canned Chicken, You're a little of the awesomeness I was able to purchase at the American store in town yesterday. Yay for special treats!

Dear Zizzie and Bye Bye, You're the words my niece said while I was on the phone with my mom (who was baby-sitting her) yesterday. She's such a sweet little girl. I do believe that the role of Aunt Zizzie is my favorite role of all. What a blessing!

Dear Meal Planning, This week I'm going to try to be better at you. I'm going to try and take a mini inventory of what I have in the fridge, freezer, and cabinets and plan ahead. I've said it before, but haven't actually stuck with it. Let's hope this time works...

Dear Mardi Gras, You're this coming Tuesday. In honor of you, I'm planning some Cajun-inspired dishes... Creole Chicken Soup, Red Beans and Rice, Jambalaya, and Shrimp Po Boys. And as I have the past 4 or 5 years, I'll be making a King Cake. Yum!

Dear Cajun Food, Have I mentioned how much I love you? Because boy do I... :)

Dear Absentee Ballot, I got an email yesterday informing me that I'll be receiving in a couple months for the primary elections that are the first week of June. Is it bad that I have no clue who's running? Hmm...

Dear Dr. Pepper, Since I hadn't had you in a while, I thought I'd treat myself to you yesterday. Well, that probably wasn't the best idea to have at supper time. Around 1:00 a.m., I finally started getting sleepy, but still had the racing heartbeat. Umm, I'm thinking that while you may be tasty, you're just not that good for me Dr. Pepper...

Dear 12 Disciples, I wonder what it must've felt like to be in your shoes.

Dear Ordinary, I'm thankful that yore the type of person God typically calls to help do His work. I'm thankful that he doesn't just call the rich, the eloquent, the fancy. Nope. He calls even the ordinary ones like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment