Friday, March 2, 2018

5 on Friday

Happy Friday Y'all

Today I'm joining AprilNatashaand Christina for their weekly 5 on Friday linkup, where we share 5 random things about our lives at the moment.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Image result for teacher meme tired


This is how I've looked every evening this week upon arriving home from work.

There's been construction going on in my building. They've been working for like 893 months (or so it feels), putting in balconies. Then this week, they started knocking holes in our walls to put in the balcony door (which I must admit, does look nice). And since I have a rule about not hanging out in my apartment when men I don't know are working in my apartment because that plays on some major fears I have, I have chosen to stay in my classroom til about 6:30 or 7 each night. 

And no... I'm not working the entire time. I mean, I am some. But I'm also reading, studying and writing, scrolling through Facebook, etc. 

And I found out this evening that they'll still be working a few days next week, replacing my kitchen windows. So who knows when I'll have a normal afternoon/evening at home.

But such is life.

*FYI  to anyone wondering... Because I live in staff housing on my school's campus, one of our school employees is with the workers, letting them in/out of my apartment. So my stuff is safe. So, no worries there. And I'm sure I'm being totally irrational not wanting to be at home when they're all there, but it's just not my thing. So whether it makes sense or not, that's where I'm at.

But with all that said, I can't complain much. I told a friend yesterday that staying late is a good excuse to go down the road and get some ice cream. Right? :)

But enough about that...


If you need me tomorrow, you'll be able to find me in my home away from home (my classroom). One of my new students will be starting on Monday. And the other new one will hopefully be starting at some point in the next week.

Image result for teacher meme friday


So I will be happily working in my classroom, prepping for them (and my others too, of course). I need to rearrange my room to make separate learning stations, new group arrangements, and planning lessons for 2 new levels of ability.



I am so over the moon, excited about getting new kids!

Getting these students is a HUGE blessing. 

Plus, any time I can play a small part in helping a child get the education he/she deserves, I am a happy, happy teacher :)


As of now, I'm cautiously optimistic in thinking that I've finally figured out my teaching certificate renewal issue. I'm still praying/keeping my fingers crossed, though :)

It looks like I won't have to take the GRE again. 

PRAISE THE LORD for not having to take that test again!

And since there's no way I can get enough Professional Development hours in the amount of time I'm in the States each summer, the only other option for me was to take a 3-credit hour course, which will run from May 1 to June 26. And considering, I have to have everything turned in to the State Dept. by June 30, that works out.

So as soon as all of my paperwork is approved, I'll officially be a student at Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida.

Image result for Southeastern University

Ironically, as a teenager, I dreamed of attending SEU. But due to the cost off tuition, there was just no way... So, it's kind of fun that I'll finally be able to do so. And I don't know if I'll do a full degree through them or not. But I know I'll be taking 3 to 6 hours, starting in May. Then I'll check out finances after that point and re-assess.


I enjoy decorating bulletin boards. It's one of my few creative abilities. And I've done two recently... One for our students and one for our staff.

And I must admit... I'm pretty proud/happy of how they turned out.

No automatic alt text available.


1 comment:

  1. Love the bulletin boards! It's so important to motivate kids in any way that we can. Good luck with getting your class hours finished. And hopefully construction on your apartment will wrap up soon so that you can have your place back to yourself!

    ReplyDelete