Friday, March 16, 2018

5 on Friday

Happy Friday Y'all

Today I'm joining AprilNatashaand Christina for their 5 on Friday linkup, where we share five random bits of our lives from the week.




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Every Friday during 8th period, we have a time of Social/Conversation Skills, where we'll sit and chat, play games, something... The rules are simple. You must participate with the group. We take turns choosing games. And you must play with the group. You must exhibit good conversation skills during this time... Listen well. Don't interrupt. Answer questions appropriately. Ask follow-up questions. And so on... My kids have come to enjoy this time at the end of every week. Of course they love game time. 

But I believe the reason they've loved this time the most is because of Sheila. Sheila has come and hung out with us almost every single Friday afternoon since school started. My boys have gotten so excited to see her walking towards our room. It truly has been a highlight of their week (and mine too). Today will be our last Friday game time with Sheila, as she heads back to Canada next week. And even though we know we'll still see her once or twice next week, it's a bit bittersweet having to say goodbye to this incredibly beautiful soul who's invested so much into our lives.


We're so happy for you Sheila. 


But we sure are sad to see you go.

Image may contain: 5 people, including Elisabeth Nichols and Sheila Bradbury, people smiling, people sitting


In Kids Club this week, we used apples to help us learn more about the Trinity. And I must say, the kids were so engaged this week. I believe I had their attention more this week than I have in a long time. They were answering questions. They were listening well. They were amazing! And I loved every minute of it :)

Image may contain: food



I got to overhear a fun conversation between two of my students earlier this week, in which one shared with the other all about why the Bible is such a good book. And I realized, yet again, one of the many blessings that is the existence of this class!


No automatic alt text available.


For Pi Day on Wednesday, our school held a costume contest, among other fun activities. And even though I didn't personally dress up, I helped my crew get into the spirit. We had a clock, roman numbers, a calculator, and a math riddle represented by our class. This crew makes my life so much more enjoyable :)

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing



Let's be honest.

I'd like to say that I'm over here killin' it, day after day, being the rockstar teacher I daydream of being. But I'm not. Because, while I put on a fake brave face and say I'm doing great, I'm tired. I feel like I've fallen behind and that I'm that person in the picture below. 

But y'all... 

We only have 1 more week 'til Spring Break. And while I do love my job and my students, I'm so incredibly ready for Spring Break to get here as well.

Image may contain: ocean, meme, text and water

No comments:

Post a Comment