Tuesday, March 27, 2018

What's Up March

Happy Tuesday Everybody!

Today I'm joining  MelShay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 

Let's ignore the fact that I'm posting this a day early, though. My goal is to ignore Internet the next few days. Wish me luck :)

 

Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating?

I've been eating a lot of salad this past week.



What am I reminiscing about? 

Almost everyone at our school has been doing a lot of reminiscing lately, thinking about the incredible life of Caleb, the guy pictured below, and sharing memories of his life and his time here at our school. Caleb, at only 19 years old, passed away just last week from injuries sustained in a horrific car accident. Last Thursday, I shared a few thoughts I've had following receiving the news of Caleb's passing. If you missed it, you can read that post here. Caleb's life was an incredibly testimony, clearly showing the light of Jesus!

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor

What am I loving?

I'm loving not having to set an alarm clock.

Because let's be honest... 

I may love my students so incredibly much. But y'all... I absolutely love getting to catch up on sleep and not hear that obnoxiously loud alarm blaring at me in the morning :)

Related image

What have I been up to?

Catching up on sleeping and reading most of the time... I vowed to myself that this week would be my vacation week, where I relaxed and just spent some down time. 

Then this coming week, I'll get back in my classroom and do some rearranging/prep work for the rest of the school year. 

What am I dreading?

I'm dreading the anniversary of my dad's death. On April 19th, it will have been 3 years since my dad passed away. And sometimes I find myself mentally/emotionally transported back to that day, as if it were just yesterday. Then knowing, the very next day, the 20th, would've been his birthday... Oh my, is this time of year is so very hard for me.


What am I working on?

Slowly sorting through my apartment... I realized a couple months ago that I've collected quite a bit of stuff over the last few years.

What am I excited about?

Did I mention not having to set an alarm each day? :)

Ha!

Past that, I'm enjoying being able to spend some time with friends, catch up on sleep, catch up on reading, and also getting work done around the house. All stuff I don't get to do a lot of during the school year, because I'm so busy...

What am I watching?

I watched The Greatest Showman a few nights ago and I absolutely LOVED it!



What am I reading?

I brought home a stack of books from the school library for Spring Break. And I've been making quite a bit of progress on them. 


What am I listening to?

The Greatest Showman soundtrack - Or at least, the 4 songs from it that I downloaded :)


What am I wearing?

It's starting to warm back up here in Dakar. So I've been wearing hoodies and such far less. Here's hoping Hot Season doesn't start too early...

What am I doing this weekend?

Sunday is Easter. 

I'll probably do a little work in my classroom. I need to also do some work around my house. And I need to finish up my latest missions newsletter and get that sent out, as well. Then past that, I'm planning to just enjoy some relaxation and just take it easy.



What am I looking forward to next month?

I'm having my very first visitor next month. One of my teachers from high school and her husband will be in town for a day next month. So I'll get to visit with them for a bit, and show them around this place I now call home. I can't wait!

Also, I'm, once again leading Elementary Camp at my school. It's a time when all of our Elementary students (grades K-5th) stay after school and enjoy a fun time that includes a Bible lesson, games, crafts, dinner, and a movie. It makes for a crazy long day. But it's so worth it. I love Elementary Camp and all the fun it entails!

What else is new?

I'm working on my newest missions newsletter. I'm planning to get it emailed out in the next week. I have so many stories to share. I'm just trying to pick through them :)

And then each month there's a special question. March's special question is...

What's your favorite Easter tradition?

Reminding myself, and others, of the incredible HOPE we have, as Christians, all because of what happened over 2000 years ago!


So what are YOU up to this month?

2 comments: