Monday, March 12, 2018

March's Coffee Date

Happy Monday Y'all!

Today, I'm joining Erin for her monthly Coffee Date link-up, where we pretend we're on a coffee date with a friend and we share whatever's on our hearts at the moment.



If we we're on a Coffee Date, I'd skip the coffee and would instead be drinking a Dr Pepper, and since we're daydreaming here, I'd probably be wearing this shirt I found online (HERE) recently, and am totally adding to my "wishlist" :)



It's perfect, huh? 

Anywho, on to the post...

If we were on a coffee date...

I'd tell you that God is really working on my heart at the moment, teaching me, (yet again 'cuz I'm apparently hard-headed/stubborn) that it is just so incredibly necessary to put my entire trust in Him.

I'd also tell you that I truly love this job of mine and even though it can be hard (often), I cannot imagine doing anything else.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

I'd tell you construction work is STILL going on in my building. I'm trying really, really hard to be positive about how long it's taken. But I definitely do not always succeed at this. Especially when they're still banging on my wall at 7 pm. Or when they're outside my window at 8 am. Ha! And actually, even more than that, I'm ready to have people over again. This week will be the third week I haven't been able to do so since my kitchen/living room has been a construction zone. So here's hoping it's done by the end of the week :)


I'd tell you plane tickets are expensive. Oh my word, are they expensive. I'm getting ready to purchase my tickets for the summer. And contrary to what some might think, the cost of my plane tickets come out of pocket. So since tickets cost more now than I was expecting and since I just found out that my income tax refund check is far less than I was expecting, it'll take me a while longer to save up the funds for this.

I'd also tell you that while we're on the subject of money... We're starting our unit on US money (and adding/subtracting decimals) in Math this week. Aren't these task cards super fun? I found them on TeachersPayTeachers (HERE) for free and I totally can't wait to share them with my kiddos later in the week - once we actually know what each coin/bill looks like and stands for...


I'd tell you that I had big plans to work a lot in my classroom this weekend, totally revamping how I do a lot of my teaching. But instead, I took some time to take care of me and I spent the day Saturday with friends. Then Sunday I woke up with a massive headache, and took it as a sign from God that I needed to rest and take it easy. So I went back to bed, and woke up a little after lunch time, ready to cook/bake some for the week ahead (since Sundays are the only days my kitchen is usable). Then I went over to my classroom and prepped for the beginning of the week ahead. And I realized that even though I had big plans for revamping things, it's okay that I didn't. What I'm doing now is indeed working with my kiddos. So I'm going to choose to be happy with that and the fact that I got some well needed time with friends and also, some truly well needed rest time as well this weekend.

I'd tell you that I'm working on my next missions newsletter. My goal is to finish it up in the next week or so and get it sent out. I need to fill up one more spot on it. And I'm not 100% sure what to add. Thus the hold up. I'm hoping that the reason God's had me wait to send them out is that He has something awesome in store for that last section needing to be completed on my newsletter :)

I'd also tell you that I'm so incredibly grateful for all of the men, women, families, and churches who sacrificially give financially to support my ministry here in Senegal. Because of those financial blessings, I'm able to continue doing the work God's called me to do. And I don't take those gifts lightly. What a blessing!

And last, but certainly not least...

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I'm so thankful for my mom. She's truly one of the most inspiring women I've ever known. She's gone through so incredibly much and has always risen above. I'd tell you that she's supportive, encouraging, loving, and kind. She's the one who, only after God, I most strive to be like. My mom is my absolute best friend and advice giver and I'm so blessed to call her mine!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, closeup

No comments:

Post a Comment