Wednesday, May 22, 2019

16 Years Ago

On this date, 16 years ago, I graduated high school.


I was 17 years old.

I was sad to be leaving friends.

I was sad to be leaving teachers who I knew loved and cared for me.

But past that... I was happy to be out of high school.

I was nervous but still looking forward to college.

There were so many different emotions swirling through my brain/heart as I put on that green cap and gown.

I knew life was about to change. 

It was huge.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, fast forward 16 years. 

Since I graduated high school, I've earned/received 2 degrees.

I've taught for 10 years.

I've become a Missionary Associate with the Assemblies of God.

I've become Licensed with the Assemblies of God.

I moved to Senegal, West Africa to serve as a Missionary Teacher.

 I've become an Aunt (to 2 of the most adorable little girls ever).

I lost my Dad.

Life’s had it’s ups and downs.

And I can’t say life is exactly like I thought/hoped/imagined it’d be at this point. But that’s okay. 

Life is good.

God has richly blessed me the past 16 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment