Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Reading Recap

Happy Tuesday Everyone

 Today I thought I'd share a little reading recap.

Image result for dr seuss you can find magic wherever you look

For Fun

 This month, I read The Taster by V.S. Alexander, In Another Time by Jillian Cantor and Promise by Minrose Gwin.


 For My Classes (as a student)

I actually finished up my class on the last day of April. So I'm actually "free" in terms of being a student until July. Woohoo!! :)

For Teaching

I read Drumming to the Beat of Different Marchers by Debbie Silver. It was on sale on Amazon a while back, so I snagged it, thinking it would be a good addition to my teaching repertoire. And I was right. It was full of all sorts of good ideas for inclusion and dealing with "students who march to the beat of their own drummer." 



For Spiritual Growth

If you remember... In last month's post, I said I wasn't having much luck in the book department for this section. But that changed this past month. And it was the same this month. I don't even want to list the one I read, because I don't want to recommend it to others.



What My Students Are Reading

One of my kids has been reading Star Wars Rebels: Rise of the Rebels for his latest "free choice" novel study in Reading. It may not have been my book of choice. But it's on his reading level and he's enjoying it. So I ran with it and created a novel study/assignment packet to go along with it. And he absolutely loved it :)




I also did a fun writing project with my class, based off the book, The Best Part of Me, by Wendy Ewald. I wrote about this project a few weeks ago. If you missed it, you can read it HERE. This book has such a good message - It's all about embracing the goodness that makes each of us unique. A lesson all of us could stand to remember from time to time... :)



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
And in case you're interested...

Here are my previous Reading Recap from earlier in the year.

February

March  

April

No comments:

Post a Comment