Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Currently

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly Currently link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives.

Each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

May's prompts are...

* admiring * playing * borrowing * remembering * finishing *


I'm currently admiring my neighbor's cooking skills. Seriously, y'all... She's definitely one of the best. I'm going to miss her so much next year. And no, it's not just because of her delicious food. Although, I will definitely miss that quite a bit :)


I'm currently playing phone tag with a few churches, as I try and schedule a few services (speaking engagements) for the summer. I would like to get a few more services set. And I'm trying really hard to stick to making phone calls, as emails and Facebook messages just seem so impersonal. But I may break my only phone calls rule next week, if I continue not having much luck sticking with the phone. We'll see.

I'm currently borrowing this book from our school library. Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton was recommended a while back, by a friend. I added it to my to read one day list on Amazon. ...which is what  I do any time I see a book I'd like to read, but maybe can't afford it at the moment. Then, when I have a little extra, I'll buy one of them. And since Amazon will ship most books to Senegal, that's a bonus. ** And no, this isn't an ad. I just really like Amazon. :)

Anywho - Yes, I'm currently borrowing it. I just checked it out on Monday. And since I was busying Monday and Tuesday evening after work, I haven't had a chance to actually start reading it yet. But I'm planning to tonight. So I'll keep you posted...




I'm currently remembering how much fun Elementary Camp was this past Friday. It was definitely a long day. I woke up at 5 a.m. and didn't get home and drop into bed until a few minutes after 10 p.m. that night. But y'all, it was so totally worth it. Those sweet kids had the times of their lives. And hearing their sweet voices talking about how much fun they had and how much they learned, made my night. I loved it!

I'm currently finishing (or rather, I finished) my last assignment for the class I was taking. I had to write a 10-15 page Literature Review. So I read, researched, took notes on, etc., a couple dozen journal articles on all sorts of topics relating to ADHD. And then I took a big, deep sigh of relief, as I clicked "submit," last night, knowing it was my last assignment for a little while. And in case anyone was wondering, I'm not totally finished. I still have a few more classes left to take. But my next one doesn't start until July.

So what about you?
What are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. Woah, that's a long literature review, but congrats on finishing it! That's awesome. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically enough, our professor changed the length requirement a couple days before the review was done. And I never updated this post. Oops. So it was actually only 8 pages long. But still. :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your little break from classes! And that camp does sound like fun - despite the exhaustion, things always feel worth it when you see how much joy and fun kids have :)

    ReplyDelete