Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday





This week, I’m writing about some of the more unexplainable things in life that have left me feeling thankful, such as…

* the power of a smile.
* the happiness in hearing a truly distinct accent that’s native to your home.
* the effect a smiley face sticker can have on a child’s behavior.
* the hope felt in clinging to a promise that hasn’t yet been fulfilled because you know it will at some point.
* the instant mood lifter sometimes caused by putting on something “pretty.”
* the excitement over a plan coming together.
* the joy/pride for your brother & sister-in-law for hearing their daughter’s first word.
* the rush felt upon completing a workout video, even though said video kicks your tail.
* the helplessness felt over not being the perfect teacher that can help every single situation with a child. You know…the perfect teacher you dream of being.

And then 2 food related things that would fall into this category are…

* the deliciousness of the French onion soup packet I found in the store the other day.
* the deliciousness of a milk chocolate candy bar with PECANS (yes, pecans!) in it. FYI – Pecans are awesomeness in the form of a nut. They’re definitely a big staple in Alabama baking and I love them. They’re not so common here in Dakar, so it was definitely a treat finding this candy bar! And I’ve been savoring it slowly, only allowing myself a small square of it each night. So, go me keeping with my diet plan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment