Saturday, April 27, 2013

The 59th Dear ____ Post


Dear Anniversary, You're what my parents will be celebrating tomorrow. 29 years... Wow! I can't imagine a couple that love each other more than those two :)

Dear Smile (
the noun), Did you know you can be a powerful thing? You can change another person's mood. You can set the tone for an entire day. You can brighten someone's day/life. I must say, you're a pretty nice thing.

Dear Longest Work Day of the School Year, You were yesterday. I got to school at 6:45 a.m. and didn't get home 'til right at 9:30 p.m. We had our Elementary "camp" yesterday after school, which was definitely a lot of fun, but man... It made for a tiring day :)



Dear Paul & Silas, Your story is the one I shared during Elementary Camp last night. Thanks to some pretty awesome high schoolers acting out the story, the kids were on the edge of their seats and mesmerized by the story. Afterwards, I gave an invitation and we had quite a few responses! Can you say AWESOMENESS? :)

Dear The Rainbow Fish, You're such a cool story. I used you with one of the very first lessons I taught back in my teacher education courses in college. And every year I do an activity with my 1st graders using you. They love it! Then yesterday, I used you as the focus point for one of our activity stations during Elementary Camp.

Dear Quarters, It amazed me how quickly the majority of my students caught on to counting you. Now they love to tell other students or teachers at school how to count you (up to a dollar). It’s still funny to me though, how counting quarters, nickels, and dimes were all fairly quick concepts, but counting pennies took soooo long. Funny…

Dear Teacher Certification Paperwork, I put you in the mail yesterday so I can have my teaching certificate updated to reflect my Master’s Degree (upon receiving it next month, that is). I prayed over it, asking the man upstairs to watch over it, let everything get there in one piece, and let it get processed quickly and smoothly. There’s a lot riding on that envelope, so I’m glad it’s in His hands now and not mine anymore :)

Dear Saturday Market, I went to you this morning with a couple friends. You were quite the successful trip. Thanks for treating me right today :)

Dear Crush (as in someone you kind of sort of like), You’re such an odd word. Why do we use you to talk about liking someone? Where did the term come from? A friend and I were discussing you the other day. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Dear Better Shape, You’re what I obviously need to be in. So I’m starting today at making better choices. I’m going to be exercising more, eating a lot better, and working at trying to prevent what medical conditions my family history says I’ll probably end up getting…


Dear Shrimp, I got 2 kilos of you the other day. So now I’ve got to think of some shrimp dishes to make. As of now, I’m planning jambalaya, shrimp tacos, and maybe gumbo. Anyone out there have an easy shrimp recipe I could try?


Dear Hot Dogs, After having you for both lunch and supper yesterday thanks to events at school, I’ve decided I don’t want to even see another one of you again for a LONG, LONG, LONG time :)  
Dear New Teachers, We’re still looking for a couple of you here at Dakar Academy. We still need a 1 st Grade teacher and a High School Math teacher. Do any of my blog readers know of any Christians that are qualified to teach either of these areas? If so, give them my email address and I’ll forward their message to our principals.

No comments:

Post a Comment