Saturday, April 20, 2013

The 58th Dear ____ Post


Dear Dad, Today’s your birthday and I’m sad I’m not there with you to help you celebrate. I am so thankful for you and your life, guidance, love, encouragement, and support. I love and miss you so very much! See you in 53 days :)

Dear Packages, I got two of you in the mail this week. Talk about making a girl feel special :)

Dear Book of James, I’ve made it my goal to memorize you. Why? I’m crazy. No, believe it or not, I’m pretty sane :) Seriously, in the Beth Moore study I’m doing, Beth challenges us to 1) write out the book and 2) memorize it. Even before starting this Study, I was really intrigued by the life of James. And now that I’m digging deeper into/learning more about this man’s life, I’m even more intrigued.

Dear Shirts with Longer Sleeves, I went to the market this past Saturday in search of you and came away with 4 new shirts and feeling like I’d had a successful shopping trip. It’s the little things in life people… :)

Dear Coke, I like you. I really do. …especially here in Africa where you’re perfectly sweetened with the real deal sugar. But alas, you’re not that healthy of a beverage choice. …not to mention that reducing my intake of you will help me achieve a few things on my 30 by 30 list. Therefore, you and I are going to have part ways...

Dear Sunday Comics, My mom sent me you in a package this week. Your colorful funny-ness definitely made me smile.

Dear New Tennis Shoes, I'm definitely in need of you. My current pair is on it's last leg (foot?). I don't see this pair lasting much longer. Although, let's hope it lasts 'til summer when I can get a new pair.

Dear Cost of Plane Tickets, Why is it that the fees and taxes that go along with you are sometimes more than the airfare itself? That's something I think I'll never understand...

Dear Student that Told Me He'd Pray for Me to Get a Husband, How sweet are you?! I appreciate the fact that you'll now be praying for, in your words, "Jesus to give Miss Nichols a husband by her happy birthday day." And I must say, I wouldn't be opposed to that. However...considering my "happy birthday day" is only 3 1/2 months away, I'm thinking that might be a little difficult... We'll see :)

Dear Pictures of My Niece (like the one below), You always brighten my day. It's definitely hard being away from family so much, but with the help of technology, it makes it not seem so bad sometimes... :)

Dear Diaper Box, Did you know that you are a fun toy for this cute  8 1/2 month old?

No comments:

Post a Comment