Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Currently

I'm currently staying in Gulf Shores, Alabama with my family. 5 adults and an 11 1/2 month old in a cabin for a week... I'm loving it!!! :)

I'm currently enjoying all this time with my family, because I know I leave in just 18 days and then it'll be at least 10 months before seeing them again.

I'm currently still full from lunch. We ate at Lambert's in Foley, AL for lunch today. There's nothing like good ol' Southern home cooking. Yum!

I'm currently happy with how the cake I made turned out. It's a Ding Dong cake and I got the recipe from my aunt. It looks soooo tasty. I can't wait to try it :)

I'm currently glad we got to meet up with good friends today for lunch. These people are more like family, than friends, though. I'm so grateful for people like them in my life.

I'm currently covered with a blanket. We may be at the beach, but it is freezing! At least, that's what it feels like to my African blooded self :)

I'm currently daydreaming about a sewing project I want to tackle. I'm not going to do it until next summer, but I'm starting to collect the pieces now. I can't wait!

I'm currently happy for Prince William, his wife, and the arrival of their baby, but I've got to be honest. I'd rather they didn't dominate all the news stations. After all, there are other things going on in the world right now.

I'm currently trying to wrap my head around the fact that in exactly 2 weeks from today I'll be turning 28...

I'm currently looking through pictures I took at the beach yesterday of my family. My niece absolutely loved the sand and the water. And I loved seeing all the smiles on everybody's faces. I know I've said it already, but I really am enjoying all this time with my family. I know I'll cherish the memories we're making this week.

I'm currently browsing the web for ESL ideas, adding them to the plans I've already made, and looking forward to starting my new adventure as ESL teacher at Dakar Academy.

I'm currently reminding myself that it only takes faith the size of a mustard seed, as described in Matthew 17:20, to move mountains.

I'm currently thanking God for this summer. I'm thankful for the people I've spent time with, the places I've gone, the things I've done, and the memories I've made. Somebody asked me today if I've enjoyed it even though I've been so busy. And my answer is definitely yes! I wouldn't trade a single minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment