Monday, July 1, 2013

The 68th Dear ____ Post


Dear Florala, Alabama, You're where I spent this past weekend. It was so nice getting together with friends, spending the day together, having dinner together Saturday night, and hanging out at the park afterwards so all the kiddos could play. Then I got to visit a supporting church yesterday morning, enjoy lunch with them afterwards, and spend the afternoon with the Pastor's family, before going back to church last night with them where I was able to share my heart for Dakar Academy and Dakar, Senegal. 

Dear 10 Years, It's hard to believe you're how long it's been since I graduated from high school. I don't feel old enough to be able to say that :)

Dear Driving, I do so enjoy you. You are my de-stresser. It's fun to get away for a little while, drive around, talk to my Jesus, listen to music, and clear my head. So this weekend was nice getting so much driving in :)

Dear Curriculum for Kids Club, I bought you the other day. I can't wait to get back and get started using you. Now I just need some DA teachers that will be willing to help me teach this fabulous curriculum. *Hint, Hint :)

Dear $4.99, I found the cutest pair of brown sandals that cost you. Thanks for being such a low price :)

Dear Duck Dynasty Guys, I'm coming to Louisiana next week with my parents and we're planning to make a stop at your Duck Commander Warehouse. It'd be really nice if you guys could be there when we come so we could visit you. I so love your show and your family and what you guys stand for. I'm a fan for sure!

Dear Rental Car, I wasn't thrilled at having to get you. I'm still not thrilled that I had to fork over all that money for you. But I must say, you drive sooooo nice. And It's been incredibly AWESOME driving a car that has A/C in it. So, I guess you're not all bad :)

Dear Calera Public Library, I've come to you a few times to work on the internet and do a little paperwork. You're such a nice library. You're pretty big and quiet and just a nice place. Plus the people that work for you are always so nice and helpful. Thanks for being a makeshift "office" for me. 

Dear 4 Years, Come the end of this month, you'll be how long I've called Dakar home. It seems almost unreal. I love this life I live and am so grateful for these past (almost) 4 years. Thanks Jesus for this adventure you've led me on - and are continuing to lead me on :)

Dear Louisiana, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida, I'll be visiting each of you (for a few days each) this month. Oh and Mississippi, I might be stopping in you for a couple hours. So we're going to say I'm visiting you too :)

Dear People Talking Loudly on Cellphones in Public, Do you realize that everyone around you can hear your conversation? Do you realize that some of the things you're talking about should be considered personal and not for the public to hear? Do you realize that you are extremely loud? Just wondering...

Dear Paula Deen, I still don't like the excuse you gave. I still don't think there's any excuse for saying what you did. However, at the same time, I don't think you should've lost your jobs with Food Network, Wal-Mart, Target, etc., because of it. I think that's a bit ridiculous. There are so many other people that have said and done much worse, but they haven't lost their advertisements and jobs. I may not like what you said, but there shouldn't be such blatant double standards. That I don't understand...

Dear World Peace, I know you get made fun of a lot when beauty pageant contestants give you as their answer in interview questions. But you know, I really think it'd be awesome if we could indeed have you. Wouldn't it be nice? :)

Dear Prayer, I heard an awesome sermon about you at a revival service I attended last week. It was so nice to see how God worked it out for me to attend this service and hear a sermon geared towards EXACTLY what I've been dealing with lately. Prayer is such a vital part of our existence. How awesome is it that we have a Savior that we can talk to all the time?! Thank you God for answering my prayers in your perfect timing, according to your perfect will.

Dear Jesus, Seeing how things are going in the world, it's being confirmed more and more to me that it's not going to be very long before You come back. Heaven is such a better alternative than this world, especially in the state it's in right now. I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment