Monday, July 8, 2013

Thanks America!


This post was originally supposed to be posted on Thursday, July 4th, but due to my forgetfulness unforeseen circumstances, it's being posted today instead. Enjoy :)


Thankful Thursday ... USA Edition

For this week's Thankful Thursday post, I'm listing just a few of the many reasons why I'm thankful for my home country, the United States of America. So without further ado...

I'm thankful for the freedoms I have as an American. I'm thankful for...

- my freedom as a Christian.
- my freedom as a woman.
- my freedom as a U.S. citizen.

I'm thankful for people, like...

- my country's founding fathers. I'm thankful for the stance they took way back then. I'm thankful for the values they had in mind when founding our country.
- the men and women who have fought, and are still fighting, for our freedom. I'm thankful for the sacrifices they have made, and are still making, so our country can remain free.
- the hardworking people that work jobs in our country to make things easier for me and my fellow Americans. 

I'm also thankful for our president. 

I may not be President Obama's number 1 fan, but I'm thankful for him. I'm thankful for the good he's done for our country. While I do believe he's made some bad choices, he hasn't been all bad. I'm thankful for him doing a job that I definitely would not want to do. I'm thankful that we don't live in a country that's a total dictatorship. And I'm thankful that even though things aren't 100% perfect, things aren't as bad as they are in many other countries around the world.

But most of all, I'm thankful for God.

I'm thankful that God has America's, and my, best interests at heart. I'm thankful that God has a plan for each and every one of our lives. I'm thankful that no matter what happens, God's will will come forth. I'm thankful that God loves us no matter what. I'm thankful that no matter how many mistakes we make, He still loves us. He still gives us a chance to change. He still gives us a choice in how we spend eternity. 

And I'm thankful that God still loves this country. I'm thankful that even though it seems as if many of America's citizens have turned their backs on God, He still cares for them. He still loves them. He still wants to spend eternity with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment