Sunday, July 28, 2013

The 71st Dear _____ Post


The 71st Dear ____ Post

Dear Road Trip Playlist on iPod, You've been a nice accompaniment to the many road trips I've taken this summer. Thanks for providing an eclectic blend of music for me to enjoy on all those long drives I've been making.

Dear Daisy (my niece), I have so enjoyed being on vacation with you (and the rest of our family) this past week. You are such an incredibly happy baby. You just love life and your adorable smile is contagious! 

Dear Memphis, I visited you for the first time the week before last and I really enjoyed  my trip. The sights, the BBQ, the people... They were all nice and helped make my vacation to you a good one.

Dear Family Vacation, I got to experience you this past week when my parents, brother & sister-in-law and niece, and myself rented a cabin at Gulf Shores State Park for the week. I so enjoyed myself and know I'll cherish the memories made for a long long time! I'm so thankful for the blessing of this past week being spent with my family!

Dear One Year Old, You're how old my niece will be turning in a week and a half. It seems like just yesterday I got the phone call saying she'd been born. Now she's walking and talking and is the most lovable, adorable, awesome little girl ever!

Dear Family Reunion, You're what I went to earlier today. I always love going because I feel like I'm making up for lost time since I spend more time away from family than around them due to living overseas. So I consider it a definite blessing getting to see (almost) all of my relatives in one place, all laughing and talking together.

Dear Tennis Shoes, I bought a new pair of you last week since my pair "died" right before leaving Dakar. Thanks for 1) being on sale 2) being comfy 3) being cute.

Dear Applications for A Husband, Someone recently told me (jokingly of course) that I should start taking you. Hmm...

Dear 2 Weeks Exactly, You're how long it is before I land back in Dakar. While I'm incredibly excited to get back, it's still hard thinking about all those goodbyes I'm going to have to be saying soon.

Dear Goodbyes/See Ya Laters, I've said it before and will say it again. You stink...

Dear Orlando, You're where I'm headed next week. My mom and I are going on a road trip! 

Dear Last Wal-Mart and Target Run, I'll be making you Thursday since I'll have to be finished shopping and packing before my trip to Orlando. Here's hoping for good sales so I don't break the bank :)

Dear Proverbs 16:20, You're referenced on a t-shirt I bought the other day. I've decided to do my absolute best to start living my life with you as my motto.

Dear New Devotional, I got you earlier this week. I'm planning to start you next week when the one I'm currently using is finished. I can't wait. You look like you're going to be really good.

Dear Packing, I'm going to start you tomorrow. I've put you off long enough.

Dear Tuesday, You're my 4 year anniversary of landing in Dakar. Where has the time gone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment