Saturday, July 6, 2013

The 69th Dear ____ Post


Dear 4th of July, You were this past Thursday. I spent the day with family and had a great time. I think you're a great holiday. And while I love Senegal and it's people and my ministry there, I am proud to be an American. I love the freedom I have and the rights I've been given. And 4th of July, since you're the day we celebrate America, I say thank you to you. Thanks for giving Americans an annual reminder to be thankful for the country we live in :) 

Dear Birthday Presents, I bought you this week for my niece's first birthday which is next month. It feels like time has just flown by and that it was just yesterday when she was born, and not (almost) 11 months ago.

Dear Woodstock, Alabama, You're where I'm headed tomorrow morning to speak at a church there, sharing my heart for the ministry God's called me to. Each chance I get to do so, I feel so grateful for the life God has called me to and am reminded of how blessed I am.

Dear Louisiana, You're where I'm headed Tuesday and Wednesday. Bring on the Cajun awesomeness :)

Dear Student Loans, Earlier this week, I made my first of many payments on you. Thankfully, I had miscalculated so I didn't owe as much in total as I originally thought I did. Now to just get the rest of you paid off.

Dear Fried Rice and Egg Rolls, I just got back from the store with the ingredients to make the homemade versions of both of you for lunch today. 

Dear Glasses, I seem to be singing "I can see clearly now..." a lot more often now that you've re-entered my life. I only need you to see farther off, and pretty much only use you for driving at this point. But man do you come in handy :)

Dear Easy Button, You're what the store, Staples, identified as the thing to have to make shopping easier. I wish life came with you. It'd be nice to be able to simply press an "easy button" and have instant clarity on things I'm confused and praying about. I know God's teaching me patience. That much is clear to see. It's just hard sometimes living in the "waiting stage."

Dear Turnip Greens and Fried Cornbread, I know I'm in the South when I can get you at almost all restaurants. I can also easily get sweet tea, grits, good fried chicken, and bologna biscuits. I'm loving it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment