Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Currently

I'm currently...

...looking at the stack of grading I should be doing instead of writing this post, but knowing I'll just finish it tonight from the comfort of my couch with a Christmas movie playing in the background and hot chocolate in my hand.

...double-checking my Christmas gift shopping list. My plan is to finish all of that online tonight so the gifts will have time to ship to their intended recipients in the US of A :)

...wishing I had some candy canes. The one store here that has them has priced them for a little to steep of a price for me. And I can't find any stores online that will ship them to me.

...planning to make a chocolate cake in the shape of a teddy bear for a student's birthday on Friday. Yep, I'm cool like that. ...of course, it helps that I have a cake pan in the shape of a teddy bear :)

...looking forward to our school's elementary Christmas program on Friday. It's always fun seeing "my" kids perform.

...thinking it's fun that I was able to incorporate the movie, Elf, into my lessons for one of my high school classes. There is quite a bit of multicultural learning to be seen in Elf and connected to my ESL-ers in real life :)

...loving that it's Christmas movie watching season! I'm planning on watching a Christmas movie (or tv special) a day from December 1st through Christmas day. 

...feeling sad that the super cool weather we've had the past few weeks didn't stick around. Boo to it being hot again!

...encouraged by a sweet email from a friend and thankful for God having that note sent to me right when I needed it the most.

...participating in a photo a day challenge on Facebook for the month of December. I know this is only the third day, but it's been fun looking at the prompt each morning looking for just the right photo to capture throughout the day.

...finalizing my week Christmas Break to do list - things to keep me busy while being off from school. I'm trying to find a few more things to add to the list, so if any Dakar people have ideas, please share :)

...enjoying my caramel apple lollipop. Yes, I'm 28. But are you really ever too old to like caramel apple lollipops? Of course not :)

...reading the book, Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus, by Kyle Idleman.

...looking forward to this coming weekend and not having to set an alarm. Oh how nice that will be... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment