Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Currently

I'm currently waiting on my niece to wake up from her nap. We've had a good morning together so far. We had a yummy breakfast and a snack of cheese at her request. We sang songs as she requested, "Jesus," "Twinkle," and "Baby." ...otherwise known as Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Rock a Bye Baby. And we've played with baby dolls and read books too. It's been  quite the busy morning. And I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything else in the world! I so love getting to spend time with her!

I'm currently frustrated that we're having to wait even longer to see what's going on with my dad's health issues. I understand these tests take time, but it's Christmas. And it's hard not knowing. I just wish we could find out officially what's going on and what course of treatment, surgery, etc., could fix it. The waiting part just stinks...

I'm currently freezing. Alabama's weather is so bizarre. When I first arrived this past weekend, it was hot. In fact it was warmer here than in Dakar when I left. Then yesterday it started getting a little cooler. And today... Today it was below freezing when I left my house this morning. 

I'm currently thinking that it's a little sad that I still haven't gone to Starbucks since being back. I think the cold temperature outside warrants me going this afternoon, though. Don't you think? :)

I'm currently dreaming of a white Christmas, but am thinking it's probably pretty unlikely that it'll actually happen.

I'm currently planning later today to go do a little Christmas shopping for myself, courtesy of a Christmas gift card. Yay for free stuff :)

I'm currently enjoying watching Christmas movies every night on tv with my parents. I may or may not be going to bed at 7:30 or 8:00 every night like them, as well, leaving me to think I'm currently turning into an old person. Ha! :)

I'm currently looking forward to tomorrow and having my family of 5 all together. I love this time of year!

I'm currently praying for God's healing for my dad. It's so incredibly hard to see someone you love be so sick and in pain like this. I pray that God will work a miracle in my dad's life. I pray that he's able to enjoy Christmas tomorrow and all the fun, joy, and laughter that will come with the day. I also pray, perhaps selfishly, that God gives him many many more years of life, that he can see future grandchildren born, that he can walk me down the aisle, that he can one day retire, that he can live a long, healthy, happily life, serving the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment