Saturday, December 7, 2013

My One Thousand Gifts #41-43



Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 3 new things...

#41 - God's artistry as seen in nature

This past weekend was my first time ever to sleep outside, under the stars. It was so incredibly breathtaking to just lie there staring at the night sky. The stars were so bright. It was just so beautiful! And then I was able to see the sunrise and sunset every day. I was in awe at all of these times. I'm so thankful for the beauty God allows us to see.

#42 - the diversity of our school 

I always say this is one of the, if not the biggest, reasons I love working at DA. It's so great to think that we have approximately 30 different passport countries represented by our student body. We also have 5 continents represented. That's pretty cool, I think :)

#43 - healing

I'm so thankful for this (not so little) gift. I'm thankful that Jesus bore those stripes for us. I'm thankful that we serve a God who is a Healer. And I'm also thankful that He gives doctors, surgeons, and pharmacists the training and knowledge on how to help people get better. I'm thankful that He chooses to heal in His own time, even if we don't understand that timing. And I'm thankful that He will give us the patience to wait for His healing. 

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment