Monday, December 2, 2013

The 87th Dear ____ Post

Dear Cool Weather, I should've known you were too good to be true... Thanks for hanging out for as long as you did. Please hurry back. We don't like your enemy - hot weather. 

Dear Thankful Trees, We made you in ESL last week with my elementary classes. Some of the cutest responses on what they were thankful for...my ballet tutu, Korea food, and pretty pink princess dress. And the cutest response of all... "I'm thankful we no have boys in ESL class." Ha! These girls are a mess :)

Dear Thanksgiving Food, You are quite possibly my favorite meal. I love the turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, potato salad (if I'm home, that is. No one around here eats it at holidays...), pecan pie, homemade rolls, etc. Yum! 

Dear Family, This makes the 5th Thanksgiving I've missed celebrating with you. It never gets easier being away from family on holidays. I'm so thankful for friends and co-workers getting together, sharing a meal and stories, and just spending time together. That, combined with a Skype call to my parents, made for a great Thanksgiving day for sure!

Dear Not Having to Set an Alarm, I will get to experience the joy of you this coming weekend and I know I will love it! :)

Dear Decorating for Christmas, I've started you, but have ran out of time to finish before heading out last weekend. I guess I'll work on you some time this week. I'll be so glad when I'm finished with you. You definitely make things so much nicer!

Dear Long and Exhausting but Exciting and Rewarding, You're how I described this past weekend's trip to a nearby village. I'm planning a longer blog post on the whole trip later this week. Let me just say, though... I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am so grateful for the opportunity to have gone.

Dear Jesus, Thank you for the ministry opportunities you send my way. Thank you for loving me so much that you chose to die on the cross for me. Thank you for giving me a hope for the future. Thank you for equipping me with the abilities needed to do your work. Thank you for helping me to be your light shining in this dark place. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment