Saturday, December 14, 2013

The 89th Dear _____ Post

Dear AWESOMENESS, You showed up in a major, major way Thursday when I found out that I was receiving a ticket to the States for Christmas. YAY for being able to spend Christmas with my family, for being able to go to doctor's appointments with my dad, for being with my favorite 5 people on Christmas day, for getting some of my mom's delicious cooking, and most importantly... YAY for amazingly, generous people making my Christmas this year be so incredibly special! :)

Dear 6, You're how many days are left 'til I see my parents again! And then I'll be able to see my brother, sister-in-law, and niece the following day. Since I thought it'd be June before I saw them again, this extremely low number is even more special! And yes, I realize I'm being a bit obnoxious talking about it so much, but I can't help it! I'm so over the top excited! :)

Dear Christmas Tree Shaped Cake Pan I Got Way Back When, You're going to finally be used next week. But the cakes won't be the traditional green Christmas "trees." Just wait and see. It's going to be awesome :)

Dear Dinner Last Night, I had a caesar salad with chicken. It was so delicious! To any Dakar people... If you haven't tried out La Piazza, you definitely should. I've ordered something different every single time I've gone and I've never been disappointed. Seriously guys... This place is awesome :)

Dear Awesome, I just realized that I use you a lot. Sometimes I vary it up and use awesomeness instead. But still... I'm realizing that I must really place a great deal of importance on the use of you. I hope you realize how awesomely :) important you are. You're such a great word. Oops... I mean, you're such an awesome word :)

Dear Exams, I'm so very glad I don't have to give (or more importantly, grade) you next week. Yay for a much lighter week!

Dear Most Comfortable Pants EVER, I bought you yesterday. Well, actually, I bought 3 pairs. Umm... I may have a slight addiction. But in my defense, they're cheap and cute and fun and awesome. Want to see what I'm talking about. Read what Khady says about them here.

Dear Cancer, I hate you!

Dear Life, I don't pretend to understand what's going on with you all the time. I'm usually pretty content with how life's going. But occasionally you throw in an often painful curveball and it totally throws me for a loop. I'm thankful, though, that the man upstairs always has you under control and knows what's going on. I'm thankful that He will take care of the big stuff and I can just sit back and let him do so.

Dear Mary (...as in, the mother of Jesus), I've been thinking a lot about you this week. I can't imagine being in your shoes. Here you are, a teenager, a virgin, engaged to be married. And you're hit with some pretty powerful news - you're going to have this baby. And he's not going to be just any baby... No. He's going to be the Savior of the world. What must have been going through your mind? What must you have felt? How must you have been treated? How did you handle it all?

Dear God, What an amazing gift you gave us all those years ago! You sent your son. ...your son! You sent this incredibly precious gift to us - people that definitely don't deserve such a gift. Why? ...because you love us. Wow! Thank you so much God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment