Thursday, December 12, 2013

My List of One Thousand Gifts #44 - 48

Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 5 new things...

#44 - seeing former students again 

The end of each semester is always fun here. We have alumni coming back to visit their families. It's always nice reading their Facebook posts about being excited to come back here, seeing them back on campus, having them stop by and say hello. The other day I got to see a girl whose family moved away a couple years ago. She was in my first class at DA and was (and still is) one of the sweetest girls... It was so great seeing her and her family.

#45 - teaching in a Christian school

It's nice being able to have Bible verses posted on my wall. It's nice being able to teach about the love of Jesus. It's nice being able to answer students' questions about the Bible and God. It's nice being able to incorporate the Bible and its teachings into my lessons. And the best part of this... It's so incredibly nice working in a school where my fellow teachers and my students believe in the power of prayer. They are always exhibiting an amazing Christian witness, sharing the love of Jesus with others around them, and living out the Truth daily. I love it! I'm so very thankful for this!

#46 - Christmas decorations

What is it about Christmas decorations that can instantly brighten your mood? I'm so thankful for this beautiful, colorful mood lifter :)

#47 - Christmas music

This one ranks up there at about the same level as #46. There's just something about hearing (and singing along with) Christmas carols that just makes me smile. I'm so thankful for this one too!

#48 - hand sanitizer

I work with little kids. ...kids who hug you right after sneezing (and not washing their hands). Lovely thought, isn't it? :) Not to mention the fact that I live in a part of the world that typically doesn't have the cleanest public restrooms, let alone have soap in those bathrooms. Therefore, I am definitely thankful for hand sanitizer! :)


And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...


No comments:

Post a Comment