Saturday, December 7, 2013

The 88th Dear ______ Post

Dear Tiring, You're the first word that comes to mind when I think of this past week. I've enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong. But I was so glad when the weekend arrived!

Dear Christmas, You are in 18 days. Where did the time go?

Dear Gifts for my Family, I finished buying you the other day. Everything is now being shipped from their various stores to their respective locations. I'm thankful for my parents and my brother and sister-in-law, helping me by wrapping gifts so they can each be surprised :)

Dear Elementary Christmas Program, You were last night. I told a few people this last night. In my opinion, this program was the best one we've ever had. It was so funny! It had a great message. And the kids did a superb job! I loved it! :)

Dear Christmas Decorations, I've been putting you off and putting you off thanks to one reason or the other. But I'm finally going to finish putting you up today. I'm excited! I love Christmas decorations. They make things so much fun :)

Dear Artisan Market, I'm going to visit you tomorrow. I have one more gift to by for someone. Of course I have no idea what to get them, though. So I'm hoping I'll just know it when I see it :)

Dear Cool Season, Where'd you go? I miss you...

Dear People Complaining about Cold Weather, I'll trade places with you...

Dear No Running Water, You're what I have at home right now. And I have just enough saved at the moment for a shower (well, bucket bath) and some filtered water in the fridge to drink. I guess that means I'll be heading to the store in a little while to buy some water.

Dear Dreaming of a White Christmas, You're the theme a few of my kids decided on for our door decoration at school. It's going to be super cute. I can't wait 'til it's finished and I can post pictures to share and brag on them about it.

Dear Philippians 4:6-7, You are such an applicable verse to my life right now. Thanks for being there for me to read, study, memorize, and try to never ever lose sight of.

Dear Birth of Jesus, Thanks for being the real reason for the season. Thanks for happening all those years ago. You ushered in a new way of life, a hope, a security. You are to be celebrated and revered. I'm sorry we place such emphasis on so many other things. I'm sorry we lose sight of the truth. I'm sorry we don't put you first. I'm so thankful for the joy and the hope I have as a result of you happening.

1 comment:

  1. So, so happy that you get to go home for Christmas. Your dad, and you, and all of your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete