Wednesday, November 19, 2014

ABCs

I...

...will be attending the funeral of my Uncle Junior on Friday. He was my grandfather's oldest brother and was such a sweet man. He'd tell us stories, give us hugs, and always said "I love ya baby" when he said goodbye. I can't help but smile at the thought of a reunion in  iHeaven with him, his sweet wife, and his siblings (including my Papa) that were there waiting on him.

...think Black Friday shopping is quite overrated. That is, unless it's able to be done online because in that case you can be at home in your pj's with a mug of hot chocolate sitting in front of the heater and staying far far away from the crowds at the stores.

...received a candle yesterday with a sweet poem attached about teachers being like candles, lighting the minds of their students. Corny? Yes. Sweet? Definitely.


...am ready for the Duck Dynasty season premiere which comes on tonight. Yay for my favorite Cajun rednecks coming back on tv :)

...earned some major cool teacher points yesterday when I let my last group of the day play this new math game I'd found on the computers. Shhh... Don't tell them they were learning. You'll blow my cover :)

...found out I will be going on a field trip next week. We're going to a place I went to in elementary school. So that pretty cool :)

...have gained a new respect for people that deal with cold temps on a regular basis. These below freezing temps happening every morning are about to kill me. And it's not even winter yet! :)

...had my heart pricked Sunday night about a certain issue. Why am I such a hypocrite? I tell others to trust God, give all control of their life to Him. Yet here I am, worrying, struggling, and holding tight to all my issues.

...incredibly enjoyed our Faculty & Staff dinner last night. What a treat!

...bought a winter jacket. Since it's not professional to wear a hoodie with my work clothes, I was out of luck. Thankfully, Walmart saved the day. I refused to spend a lot of money on a coat, so I was glad to find one at a reasonable price. And it has definitely been put to good use ever since I bought it.


...keep kidding myself saying I'm okay with everything going on in my life. Honestly, I'm struggling a bit. I love my family. I love my job. I love my church. But I feel like I need time away. I feel like I need a "getaway", a retreat from the hustle and bustle of life, from responsibilities, from everything -everything but God. I just want time to "escape reality" for a bit and spend time, pouring my heart out to God, digging in the Word, and listening to what God has for me. I know that sounds crazy, but... 

...am looking forward to having a 2 day work week next week! And since one day of those two will be spent on an all-day field trip, my work week is going to be incredibly short. Bring on Thanksgiving Week!

...find myself missing the closeness of the friends I had in Dakar. I miss just hanging out with a friend, going to one another's house for dinner, going shopping, grabbing ice cream, whatever. It's hard. That doesn't happen much here. People are busier...

...will be watching the Navy vs South Alabama game (in person) next week with my dad. I can't wait!

...did primarily online shopping for Christmas presents that last five years. It was just easier since I was overseas and when I would come home for Christmas, I would usually arrive just a few days before the big day. 

...took a lot of pictures of my nieces when they were here the other day. Aren't they just the cutest? :)


...enjoy times of quiet every now and then. I think that's why I like my long drives back and forth to work and church so much. It's during those "quiet" times that God and I have some of the best conversations :)

...received a message telling me that since my MA assignment is now officially over, they'll be closing my AGWM email address down for good in a couple weeks. I knew it would be happening soon. But it still was sad to read that. I know I'm doing right by doing what God wants me to do. But it was still sad, knowing that part of my life is over...

...love studying and learning. I could totally be a professional student. Well, if it weren't for the cost involved, I could :)

...am enjoying Teacher Appreciation Week this week. Bring on the goodies!

...think I was unprepared for how much some of these kids would steal my heart. Every single year this happens. I get to know my kids, hear their stories, see a glimpse into their lives, and each one steals a tiny piece of my heart :)

...got volunteered to be on the committee for American Education Week this week. So I've gotten to help put all our goodies together and pass them out this week. Fun times :)

...wonder why the price of international postage has gone up so much. Geez...

...didn't eXpect one of my students to do as well as he did on a reading test. PRAISE JESUS for FINALLY breaking through on this child and helping him understand what's going on. I seriously almost cried when I finished grading his test :)

...do not like yams. Whoever says that yams and sweet potatoes taste the same is lying. Yuck!

...wish I was a zillionaire. I'd give anything to be able to just hop on a plane and fly anywhere around the world at a moment's notice and not have to worry about the cost - but pay my tithes and offerings first, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment