Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Alphabet Soup

I...

...absolutely adore the Hallmark Channel this time of year. Cheesy Christmas movies? Yes, please :)

...bought a pair of red capris a couple weeks ago and finally wore them the other day. I normally steer clear of bright colors when buying pants, but I fell in love with these on the rack. Seriously y'all, if it were warmer, I'd wear them every day. :)

...am looking forward to the craft fair at my church this coming Saturday. I love stuff like this :)  

...don't think I've ever seen Sleeping Beauty. I was just thinking about it the other day and couldn't remember ever watching it. Weird...

...eat a turkey sandwich every single day for lunch, with the exception of the one or two days a month I eat in the cafeteria. 

...found out this past weekend that McDonalds sells hot chocolate. I'm glad to know there's somewhere in town that sells hot beverages other than coffee, so if I get super desperate on these really cold mornings :) 

...think English grammar can be so confusing. It's no wonder it's such a hard language for people to learn. I love working through all the complexities of the English language, though. That's why I loved teaching ESL so much. ...well that, and my students of course :)

...am thankful for a heater on these (literally) freezing, and below freezing, days.

...am so incredibly happy that we have a day off from school this coming Tuesday!!

...have felt like "just visiting" was what I've been doing since arriving in the States in June. ...until yesterday, that is. It was in the middle of a meeting at work yesterday that I felt I was finally not just visiting. Isn't it cool how God works things out in His own perfect timing?

...love the show, 19 Kids & Counting. This family's shows have been on for 10 years. I don't know of any other show I've watched longer. I love it :)

...am liking this time change. I'm waking up earlier than my alarm since my internal clock hasn't switched over yet. But that's been nice since I've had time to just lay in bed and read a book 'til time to get up. Yep, I could get used to this :)

...will be mailing off my test tomorrow  for my last class for the first level of certification with the Assemblies of God. Now I have a break 'til January when I'll start the next level of classes. 

...was so nervous when the State Dept came to my school yesterday for observations. I know I'm doing my job right, but still... I was so afraid they were going to ask me something about the school or curriculum/standards I didn't know... Then they didn't even visit my room. Ha! :)

...ordered a Navy hat for my dad. On it is the name of the ship he was on in the Navy. He's so excited about us going to the Navy game later this month. 

...am participating in a Scarf Swap with a bunch of other bloggers. I can't wait to get my scarf! :)

...found two quarters in the bottom of my purse last night, while looking for something else. Score! :)

...went to the Revival services at my parents' church Sunday night and then again last night. Wow! What an awesome, mighty presence of God!

...would love some Senegalese food. It's too bad there are no Senegalese restaurants in Alabama :(

...left in tears (happy ones) after a meeting yesterday. I was reminded what a true blessing and privilege it is to be a Special Education teacher. 

...am upset with myself for not switching over my voter registration info to the county I love in now. I didn't realize you had to do it so far in advance. So that meant I wasn't able to vote in yesterday's elections. Major bummer, y'all!

...am thankful for our Veterans. Where would our nation be without these brave men and women sacrificially fighting for our freedom? And yes, a day off from school next week will be great, but we have to remember why we have the day off in the first place.

...started a new writing project this past weekend. Here's hoping it works out the way I planned when I first started it.

...was glad for the eXtra hour of sleep given to us by the time change! Yay for time change Sunday! :)

...was yawning by the middle of the day yesterday. That's what waking up at 4:30 will do to ya :)

...zeroed in the cause to a student's misbehavior earlier this week. It's amazing how much one "simple" act can totally change a child's behavior. You just have to pay attention to that one thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment