Saturday, November 22, 2014

Complain or Rejoice - It's a choice.

I love this quote from Abraham Lincoln...

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."


I can complain because it's raining.

...or I can rejoice over the memories the rain holds - memories like watching the immense joy of "my" kids at DA when the soccer field would become a fun, muddy, pretend "swimming pool" :)


I can complain because I had to drive home in the dark (something I hate).

...or I can rejoice over the time spent with my colleagues at a delicious, and free dinner.


I can complain because I live so far from church that I have to stay in town in between services, so to not waste so much gas.

...or I can rejoice over this time of quiet when I can study and talk with my Savior. 


I can complain because my principal placed me on morning duty every single day, instead of just one week out of the month like everyone else. 

...or I can rejoice because I get to stand at the door overlooking this beautiful tree. Or more than that - I can rejoice because I get to say Good Morning to every single student, the majority of whom greet me with a sweet smile and a hug.


I can complain because it's so cold.

...or I can rejoice because I have a heater and warm, fuzzy socks to keep me warm.


I can complain because the screen and the sound were both a little fuzzy when I was Skyping my friend in Senegal.

...or I can rejoice because I got to speak to one of my closest friends in Senegal and she was able to walk me around to "see/speak to" a bunch of my other former co-workers.


I can complain because I got in a wreck, which made me have to drive my mom's car for a week while mine was in the shop.

...or I can rejoice because I was not hurt in the wreck and because of insurance, it didn't cost me a cent to have it repaired.


I can complain because my flight was delayed.

...or I can rejoice because I now have time to drink my Chai Tea Latte and read that book I've been wanting to read.


I can complain because there's so much wrong in my world.

...or I can rejoice because I live in a free country and can do something about the wrong I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment