Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Week ABCs

For this week's ABC post, I thought I'd make it a Thanksgiving themed post and list 26 items I'm thankful for this year.

I am thankful for...

...answered prayers. I'm thankful that God hears my heart and answers my prayers.

...a brother like no other. He's super funny, smart, responsible, loving, generous, and kind hearted. And now to see what an amazing husband and father he's grown up to be... I'm just so proud of him. And I'm blessed to call him my Bubba :)

...the calling God has placed on my life. It's changed a bit (well, a lot) over the years. But I'm thankful that He's been right beside me all the way, no matter where He's called me to.

...my dog. I've had her since she was a little bitty thing. Now she's this 10 year old, 70ish pound dog who may look old, but still is as loving and frisky as a little puppy. 

...my education. I definitely don't take it for granted. I worked my tail off to get through both undergrad and graduate school, get two degrees, and be qualified/trained in 3 different areas of education. What a gift my education was!

...my friends. I don't call just anyone my friend. To me, saying someone is my friend is a big deal - not one to be taken lightly. So I'm thankful for the meaningful friendships I have with these people. God blessed me highly when He brought them into my life.

...God's Word. What can I say? It's the best book ever written! I'm thankful for the lessons, truths, promises, and commands It contains. 

...the hope I have of a future in Heaven with my Savior. I know without a shadow of a doubt that if I died right now, I'd be with my Heavenly Father. I'm thankful that I don't have to worry or wonder about my future. I know.

...the great I AM. What a blessing it is to know that my God is known as the great I AM! He loves me, encourages me, guides me, corrects me, gives me grace and mercy, hears my heart, answers my prayers, protects me, teaches me, and so much more, including sacrificing His one and only son for me. That's how much He loves me!

...a job that I love. Yes, it's a lot of hard work, and involves the most ridiculously huge amount of paperwork ever. But I love it!

...the kids who, over the past 6 years, have called me Teacher, Miss Nichols, or the latest, Miss Freckles :)

...a love for learning. I'm thankful for the desire to study and learn more - whether that be more of God's Word or for my job. I'm thankful that I never get tired of learning.

...good memories. I'm thankful for all the memories my brain holds. I'm thankful for the smile they bring to my face. I'm thankful for the happiness they bring my heart. 

...the numerous people who supported my ministry in Senegal. Without their prayers, encouragement, and financial support, I don't think I would've made it. They helped me carry out the Great Commission.

...the orange, yellow, and red leaves during Fall. This is one of the things I missed most while living overseas. I missed Fall - seeing the leaves changing colors. It's so beautiful out right now!

...parents who love me, support me, encourage me, and teach me by example. I'm thankful for the Christian principles they've taught me and shown me through their actions. 

...times of quiet. Working with extremely hyperactive and talkative children, not living on my own, and rarely having any free time all leave me with very little quiet time. So I cherish it when it does happen. I think that's why I like living so far from work and church. While driving I'm able to have a good bit of quiet time - just me and God :)

...constant running water and electricity. After not having this (consistently) for five years, I really appreciate it so much more now that I do.

...the security I have in having Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior. He's the absolute best part of my life and I am so incredibly thankful and grateful for His love and grace for me.

...Temple Assembly of God Church. This church supported me during my time overseas. And when I got back to the States in June, they welcomed me back, with open arms, and became "home." Sunday is one of my most favorite days of the week...all because it's "church day." I love my church!

...UNanswered prayers. I think Garth Brooks said it best when he sang, "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

...my vehicle. What a blessing this car has been to me! 

...the woman that married my brother. Y'all, she's amazingly perfect for him. They compliment each other so well. I always wanted a sister and God saw fit to give me an even better sister-in-law than I could have ever imagined. She's awesome!

...my eXtended family - all of the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. that make up our big ol' crazy family.

...the five years I spent in Dakar, Senegal. I cherish those years and am so thankful for the people I met, the lessons I learned, and the memories that were made during that time.

...the 2 girls that call me Zizzie - my two nieces. Those two little girls totally light up my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment