Saturday, November 15, 2014

The 125th Dear ____ Post

Dear Veterans Day, You were this past Tuesday. You provided me a day off from school, which I was, of course, grateful for. But more than that, you provided me a day to focus on my freedom as an American and the sacrifices made by all the men and women that have allowed me this freedom.


Dear Leopard Print, You have suddenly made an appearance in my life. Thanks for the way you accent my outfits so well.


Dear Thanksgiving Meal at School, I have one word for you... Delicious! 

Dear Games, I've found some newer versions of you to use with some of my students struggling with math. It's been nice seeing how excited they get over finally learning a tricky subject while playing a game on the computer or iPad. I love it!

Dear High 20s, You're what the temps were yesterday and are supposed to be most of the weekend. Brrr...

Dear My Two Favorite Girls, You're coming over tomorrow night for supper. I can't wait to see you two (and your parents too, of course).

Dear 319, You're how old 2014 is today. It's so strange to think that this year is almost over. Where has the time gone?

Dear Conversations with Children, You are usually quite enlightening and entertaining. What a fun part of my job!

Dear Quote on Prayer, I found you the other day and thought you were just perfect for me and my life. Thanks for showing up at just the right time :)


Dear Dumb and Dumber To, You came out in theaters this weekend and you look hilarious! I can't wait to see you!

Dear M&Ms, You're a nice snack. I've laughed at myself a few times, thinking I needed to "ration" you and make you last as long as possible. I also have done that with peanut butter, my Dr. Pepper, and some Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. I wonder how long I'll have this mentality of "I've got to make this last because who knows when I'll be able to find more..." Living out of the country will do that to you :)


Dear Lime and Garlic Salsa, I bought you to go with our meal today. You were on sale, so I thought it'd be fun to try you out since you were so cheap. I have to be honest... You're ok. But I doubt is buy you again.

Dear Duck Dynasty, Your new episodes start this coming Wednesday. Yay! :)

Dear Mail, I love when I have you. There's just something about getting a letter or a card in which someone took the time to actuall (hand)write to me. It makes my heart happy :)

Dear 29, You're how old I am. I feel like I'm in this weird in between type stage. There are days that I feel young - like I'm still in college, still not officially a "grown up". And then there are other days that I feel like I really am a grown up. I've got a grown up job. I pay bills. I moved back home to take care of my parents. 29, You're a weird age. 

Dear America, I love you and I'm proud to call you mine. 

Dear Walmart, I braved you after work last night to pick up some groceries. Oh my word... You were a madhouse. I think the closer to the holidays we get, the more the madness comes out.

Dear Dum Dums, You're my bribe of choice with my students for having good behavior throughout the week and they totally love you!

Dear Just Kidding, You're what I was during that last item. After all, I'd never bribe a child. No, never... :)

Dear LOL, You're what I totally just literally did at myself. Yes, I know. I'm a dork :)

Dear Beef Jerky, Who would have ever thought there were so many flavors of you? You're not something I typically buy, but I needed a couple bags for a care package I was sending to somebody. I just never realized how many choices there were...

Dear Love God Sweet Tea and the SEC, You're what's written on my newest t-shirt. How fun! :)


Dear Bible, Thank you for being there for me, for teaching me, for guiding and correcting me, and for helping me. Thanks for being inspired by God. Thanks for being true and holy and perfect. Thanks for being the best book in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment