Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Now Serving...Alphabet Soup

I...

...learned how to administer an epi-pen and an asthma inhaler today. Our nurse had to train at least 2 people to be "medical assistants..." who'd be able to go on field trips and could administer that potentially life-saving medicine in the event that the nurse was not present. Can we just all pray that I never ever have to administer either of those?

...bought 3 Christmas presents this past weekend. Yay for shopping early and hopefully beating the crowds! :)

...am considering visiting the outlets in Foley (near Gulf Shores) the first Saturday of December. I'm thinking I could get all my Christmas gifts there for much, much cheaper than here. So who wants to go with me? :)

...drove out yesterday to see where my mom lived for part of her growing up years. There's just something about being out in the country. I love it!



...am an early riser. I always have been. I'd much rather wake up super early to get a task done than have to stay up late at night to do it.

...was feeling very patriotic yesterday, while writing my Veterans Day post. I so love my home country!

...enjoyed going out for lunch with my parents yesterday. We went to a good ol' home cookin' style place. It was so good!


...am constantly humming Christmas carols to myself. I love this time of year!

...will be taking Introduction to Theology: A Pentacostal Perspective in January. And so far, I'm thoroughly enjoying the textbook for this class!

...have jotted down so many notes while studying for that class. Y'all this book has been quote-worthy from page 1. I'm loving it!

...love working with kids. There's almost never a dull moment :) 

...sometimes miss living on my own. I love my parents and I so love being here with them. But after 5 years of being out on my own, I do sometimes miss having my own place... Does that make sense?

...took a stroll down memory lane the other day when I found the picture below. It was the day I met my oldest niece. She was only 4 1/2 months old. They all surprised me at the airport by bringing her to meet me :)


...needed to hear our Small Group lesson this past Sunday night. God has been dealing with me on that topic for a while now and I've lately been finding myself consumed by it, which is so not good. I'm thankful for His perfect timing!

...ordinarily don't buy much for myself. But I decided to buy a couple Christmas presents for myself at the craft fair this weekend. My favorite purchase...a new tote bag for work. It's super cute and practical too. So double score on it! :)

...purchased two new books to help me better understand the Common Core Standards and how I can use them to the best of my ability. 

...love this quote from Abraham Lincoln that I found the other day...


...received a package in the mail the other day, containing a new scarf and some lovely smelling handmade soap. Yay for Scarf Swap '14!


...have a new favorite t-shirt. See? :)


...was thankful for a day off yesterday. The best 2 parts? ...not having to set an alarm and spending the day with my favorite Veteran.


...don't understand how people can just pick and choose what to believe from the Bible. How can you totally disregard certain parts? I just can't understand that.

...watched the Bama versus LSU game this past Saturday. What a game! I especially liked how all the smack talking by LSU fans mysteriously stopped when they realized Bama was beating them :)

...worked my tail off for 8 years in college. I'm so thankful for the 2 degrees I have, certifying me to teach in 3 different educational "arenas."

...eXcitedly looking forward to Thanksgiving, especially since it will be the first one spent with my family since 2008!

...sometimes yearn for a simpler life. I realize God is clearly trying to teach me a lesson. I just wish He'd make things a little easier. That's all :)

...have learned to zip my lips when faced with certain situations. I've done so well this past week at keeping my thoughts to myself about a situation that I was faced with. And I must say... That's a huge step for me! Go me and my zipped lips! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment