Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I can't live without it...

Today's prompt in the Photo a Day Challenge I'm doing is "can't live without it." 

So I tried thinking of answers to the question,

What can I not live without?

I thought about my phone.

I thought about my car.

I thought about the little Sign Here post-it stickers I use at least once a week in my classroom.

I thought about that large cup of ice water I bring with me to work every morning.

I thought about my paycheck that I get at the end of every month.

And I kept thinking about other things. 

But each time I would realize that I could live without them because I already had for so long. While in Senegal, I lived without every one of those for five whole years. 

And you know what? I got along just fine. 

So I kept thinking... I knew there had to be some things I couldn't live without - things like...

Family and Friends

I'm so thankful for the relationships God has placed in my life. My parents are amazing! ...so are my brother and sister-in-law. And what can I say about my nieces? Next to Jesus, I'd have to say they're my 2 favorite people :)

And my friends... I don't use the term "friend" lightly. If I call someone my friend, I mean it. I'm so incredibly thankful for the friends God's brought into my life - both here in the States and abroad. 

The Bible

What can beat The Word? It's inspired by God. It's God breathed. It's a book full of instructions and inspiration for life. It's the absolute best book ever written and I can't imagine not having access to it!

And the number one, top thing I could never live without is...

My Salvation

What a gift it is to have Jesus in my heart! ...to have a hope for the future! ...to know that one day I'll be able to live in Heaven with Him one day. I can't imagine not living for Him. I can't imagine not having that hope. I can't imagine not having Jesus as my Savior, my King, my Best Friend, my EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment