Friday, February 9, 2018

Dear Fellow Teachers...


Dear Fellow Teachers,

If you've had a rough day...

If you've planned and then had to throw those plans out the window...

If you've gone without a planning period...

If you've went home, exhausted, more nights than not...

If you've came to work early and left late every day...

If you've spent sleepless nights, thinking about your kids and their futures...

If you've ever worried that you're not doing enough...

If... If... If...

I'm here to tell you that you're not alone. 

And yes, it's hard at the moment...

But it doesn't stay that way.

If you're like me, you are your own worst critic...

If you're like me, you worry far more than you should..

If you're like me, you probably needlessly over-analyze everything...

If you're like me, you are rockin' at teaching those sweet ones in your care...

If you're like me, you need to stop worrying about the future...

If you're like me, you need to trust the Creator of Heaven and Earth, of you, your school, and of all those students you call yours...

If you're like me, you need to be thankful for the good moments...

If you're like me, you need to not focus so much on the bad moments...

And if you're like me, you need to give yourself some grace. 

After all, none of us are perfect. 

Not me...

Not you...

Not those Pinterest-worthy teachers you watch on Youtube.

Sincerely, 

One Teacher to Another

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Since today is the second Friday of the month, I am joining Kristin and a few other bloggers, for her monthly Little Letter link-up. Typically in these posts, I write "letters" to all sorts of randomness, highlighting a random hodgepodge of items detailing how life is going at the moment. But this month, I only have one "letter" to write - a letter to my fellow teachers (and maybe to myself, as well). And it all started when I took this picture of the mess on the table in my classroom last night after dinner.

The Little Letter Link Up | tazandbelly.com

1 comment: