Thursday, February 22, 2018

Growing in Gratitude

Happy Thursday Y'all!

Yesterday, for our Morning Work activity, I passed out the following to my students.



And just for the fun of it, I thought I'd do the same on the blog today...



It was hard to pick just one. But at this moment in time, if I was forced to pick only one person, I'd have to pick this lady below. This co-worker of mine has been a God-send this year! She's new to our school, but has a ton of experience in teaching Special Ed. And I know there is no way I would've made it in this position this year without her advice/guidance, her encouragement, her prayer, and her friendship. So yes... I am most definitely thankful for this sweet lady :)





For the past 10 months, there has been construction going on in my apartment building. Yes, that's right. 10 months. It's been frustratingly/annoyingly loud and hasn't allowed me to sleep late on Saturdays (my one day off each week). And it's made everything super dusty and a mess. And unfortunately, I've spent more than my fair share of time complaining. BUT I must say... Even with the inconvenience this construction has caused, I must still say that I'm so thankful for this building. Y'all, I'm thankful for a home, provided for me by my school. I'm thankful for incredible neighbors, who are more than just co-workers. They're friends. So if for no other reason, but to change my attitude about this, I must say... I'm definitely thankful for this place - for my home.

Image may contain: outdoor



Yogurt. I had a bit of a stomach bug recently, and this was the only thing I could successfully handle. So it was yogurt for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So yes, I'd have to say I'm definitely thankful for yogurt. :)





Not just "a" thing... THE thing. I'm thankful for my Bible. I'm thankful for the truth and the promises this book contains. I'm thankful for God inspiring men to write these words all those years ago. And I'm thankful that even today, however many years later, they speak to me. Oh my word, what a precious gift this book is in my life. I'm so very thankful for the Bible.

No automatic alt text available.



I'm thankful for the wisdom of others. A friend posted the following on Facebook the other day and it hit me right in the heart. Oh my word, did God speak to me through this goodness!  




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today I'm joining Julie and Trista for their monthly Growing in Gratitude link-up, helping us to focus more on having an attitude of gratitude.

Adobe Spark-4

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny! I used the same thing around Thanksgiving time with my students! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And this is a great list. I so need to be more thankful for His Word. I need to be in it more too. That’s on my list. 😳

    ReplyDelete