Thursday, April 5, 2018

Currently

Happy Thursday Y'all

I may be a day late, but...

Today I'm joining Anne and Jessica, and sharing what I'm currently up to.


Want to know what I'm up to?

Keep reading :)

I'm currently showering the dirt off my feet ALL. THE. TIME. Oh my word, it's so dusty this time of year here in Senegal. Hello Harmattan winds and constant dust/dirt. I'd say welcome back. But let's be honest. I'm not really happy to see you. So yeah... Feel free to leave just as quickly as you arrived. Just sayin' :)

I'm currently (trying to do better at) cultivating relationships with the Senegalese people I interact with on a regular basis. School workers, grocery store cashiers, fruit stand vendors, restaurant staff, etc. It takes such a little bit of time to greet someone in their heart language and ask how they're doing or how their family is doing. Yet, it clearly means so incredibly much. 

I'm currently expecting to start my class through Southeastern in May. But y'all... Oh my word is it expensive. This is my only chance at keeping my teaching certificate updated. But after seeing the total cost a bit ago... The thing is, I really don't want to let my certificate lapse. But I just don't know if I am afford this tuition. I tell ya, this is a time when I wish money really did grow on trees. :)

I'm currently making plans for the rest of the school year. I've got lots of fun ideas for this last quarter with my kiddos. I so love working with this group. I can't wait to finish out this year with them. What a blessing this year's been!

I'm currently buying far more fruits and veggies than before and less comes. I'm trying really hard to eat healthier and make better choices. So the first step is bringing in better/healthier options for meals and snacks. 

So, what are YOU currently up to?

3 comments:

  1. We are constantly battling the dirt and wind over here too (West Texas desert)! Though I'm sure it's nothing compared to yours. I'm also planning the rest of the school year. I know summer break will be here in a flash. Have a great Friday, Elisabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, a co-worker is in West TX for fundraising right now and posted a picture of the dust blowing through. Looked just like it does here. Happy Friday to you as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Well that's an interesting perspective to make me complain a little less about my own weather ;-) Maybe snow in April isn't SO bad - I'm not covered in dust or dirt anyway!

    Hope your school year finishes great, and thank sfor joining in!

    ReplyDelete