Tuesday, April 24, 2018

What I've Done Right

Happy Tuesday

Image result for tuesday meme

Today, I am once again, participating in the #PSLoveMe Challenge and sharing Prompt 15, which says to Share something you've done RIGHT.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I struggled with this topic.

What have I done right?

I didn't know what to say.

I'm typically not a fan of bragging on myself, after all :)

So instead... 

I decided to tweak the prompt a bit and include my students.

3 were at school this morning.

So for their Morning Work activity (which is typically a Writing prompt), I gave them the following sheet...



Before they started, I told them that sometimes we get so caught up on the mistakes we make and can get very critical of ourselves and others. So today, instead, we were going to focus on all sorts of things that we do RIGHT. 

I then asked each student to list some things that they, themselves, do RIGHT.

Then, when they finished with that, I passed each person's paper around the circle and had them write things their classmates do RIGHT.

It made my heart beam with pride, reading over all of their answers.

And I even asked them to fill one out for me too.



Honestly, I don't always feel I'm doing that great of a job. I worry that I'm not doing enough for "my" kids. I worry that I'm not giving them all I can. Notice a trend? I'm such a self-doubter. It's bad, I know.

Back in November 2016, I wrote THIS post, sharing the dream of starting this class and a little of what it took to get to this point. And while I'd love to say it's been a breeze this year, that's simply not the case.

It definitely has had its hard points.

I work a LOT.

I'm exhausted a LOT.

The existence of my class is not guaranteed too terribly far in the future.

So I worry a LOT.

But when I walk in this door...



And when I look at these faces (and the ones who I know are coming)...

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

I know.

I know I did something right.

And more than that...

I know GOD, Himself, did something right.

And that's a really, really good feeling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Want to play along?

Check out the Prompts below.


Prompts

No comments:

Post a Comment