Friday, April 20, 2018

5 Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Y'all


Today I'm joining AprilNatashaand Christina for their 5 on Friday linkup. 



And I'm sharing 5 of my favorites from this week.

Want to know what made the list?

~ one ~

One of my main favorites of this week was definitely my day on Tuesday. One of my teachers from high school and her husband were able to visit me on Tuesday. So my friend and I took them around the city, pointing out the various sites (sights?) and showing off my school, as well. What a fun, special day it was!

  Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

~ two ~

Dealing with the pain/sadness that still grips my heart over the loss of my dad is most definitely NOT a favorite. But seeing all the messages from friends almost literally around the world, saying they were praying for my family and me definitely WAS a favorite from this week. What a gift the body of Christ is.



~ three ~ 

I got to hang out with these 2 cute pups a bit. They make me miss my favorite puppy (who's actually too old to be called a puppy anymore, but don't tell her that). Aren't these two adorable? :)

  

~ four ~ 

Have you watched The Greatest Showman?

Image result for the greatest showman dvd case

I've seen it twice already. It's that good.

And as I watched it last weekend, one of the songs stuck in my mind...

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

In the song, A Million Dreams, they're singing about the dreams that are keeping them awake at night. The dreams of what the world could be. Not everyone understands their dreams. But they never stop dreaming...

~ five ~


Today I took the day off. Why? I'm calling it a Mental Health Day. It's a day when I'm going to take it easy and rest and recharge. 

Related image

I think sometimes we push and push and push to be the best there is. And sometimes it just catches up with us. Sometimes no matter how much we love what we do... No matter how much we know we're in the Will of God and doing the work/ministry He's called us to do... Sometimes we still can push ourselves to hard/far. And it's important to recognize that. Sometimes we work so incredibly hard at taking care of everyone else, that we forget to take care of one person... We forget to take care of ourselves. 

That's why I like the image above.

It's so true.

Therefore, once I hit publish on this post, I will turn off my computer. I'll be grateful for an AMAZING sub teaching my class today. And I will curl up on the couch with a good book and "unplug" for most of the day. I'll do work tomorrow or Sunday. 

But today... 

Today's the day I refill my cup.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for taking time for YOU. Refill, refill. Wishing you much relaxation and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. I'm praying for you and your family! I have not seen The Greatest Showman, but I have heard it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete