Monday, April 23, 2018

Overcoming Fear

Happy Monday Y'all

Today, I'm once again, participating in the #PSLoveMe Challenge. This is a fun photo/writing challenge. And I've enjoyed participating thus far.

Today's prompt is Prompt #14...


Share a fear you've overcome.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~

I feel like such a hypocrite, writing on this topic.

Overcoming Fear

How can I write about overcoming fear?

Fear is something I have always struggled with.

And while I'd love to say I've fully overcome (overcame?) it...

That's simply not true.

Instead, I'd say I'm a work in progress.

When I get in a situation that causes me to feel fearful, there are certain things I do.

I call on the name of JESUS.



One thing my parents always taught me is that, in the name of Jesus, all demons must flee. In the name of Jesus, the devil cowers down and backs away. Jesus is the name above all names. Jesus is the one who saves me from those fears. There is incredible power in the name of Jesus. So yes, I call on the name of Jesus.

I play/sing worship songs.



There are certain songs that help me when I'm feeling fearful. The one above is the main one. And sometimes, I've been known to play it on repeat for quite a while. Just to get it ingrained in my head... :) "No Longer Slaves" is an incredibly powerful song that reminds me that I am no longer a slave to fear. It can't hold me. My Savior took care of that for me. So whether I'm turning my phone's volume all the way up, listening to someone else sing or I'm singing it to myself, I use these incredibly inspirational words to soothe my heart when I'm feeling fearful.

I read my Bible. 

The Bible is full of verses that calm my heart when I'm feeling fearful about something. After all, the Bible is the Word of God. So how could it not? :)

No automatic alt text available.

And most of all...

I pray.



When I feel fear starting to tighten its grip on my heart, I pray. I pour my heart out to my Savior. I claim the truth in His Word. Because even when I don't know the words to say... Even when I don't know what to do... Even when I don't know how to overcome the fear... I can go to Jesus. I can pray.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~

Want to play along?

Check out the Prompts below.


Prompts

No comments:

Post a Comment