Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Flat Stanley comes to Dakar

One of my more favorite types of posts is my Day in the Life posts. I love looking back at my posts over the years and seeing what I was up to at different points in my life.

So when I saw Kristin was hosting The Daily Dime link-up, I knew it was perfect for me.


For this post, I'm highlighting my day yesterday.

I took a Personal Day from work yesterday because I was having my very first visitors to Dakar. Oh my word, what a special time yesterday was!

I also took a Flat Stanley, sent by a 2nd grader in Alabama, around with me and let him "experience" a day around the city as well. This post is all about his experiences :)


Flat Stanley was such a good travel buddy. He stayed quiet and didn't put up much fuss. I guess that was a good thing since we tested his patience by being in traffic a LOT yesterday. But he was a good guy and didn't seem to be too bothered by it.


He got to see the African Renaissance Monument.




And while there, he also decided to take a picture with all of Africa :)


He humored we non-paper humans and had no problem letting us stop for bagels and soft pretzels at this yummy bakery on that side of town. 


He even got to see the Senegalese flags hanging up on the highway.


He tagged along while we went to buy souvenirs.

P.S. See that blue bag with the yellow circles in the first picture? Flat Stanley may or may not have talked me into purchasing it as a gift to myself :)

 

Flat Stanley also got to tag along on our trip to my school. I'm sure he was just like me, and fell in love with Dakar Academy. After all, it is the best school ever :)


Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

All in all, I think Flat Stanley enjoyed his bit of time riding through Dakar, Senegal. I just wish I'd had more time to show him around the city.


I also have to give a special shout out to my friend, Elise, who played "chauffeur" and was my fellow Dakar Tour Guide all day. What an incredible blessing she was/is! Not to mention, how much fun I had hanging out, chatting, and laughing with her all day too. And apparently we were so busy having fun that I missed getting a picture with her :)

Oh and a few more pictures of my day that didn't include Flat Stanley.

My visitors (one of my HS teachers and her husband) are on a cruise around the world and one of their stopping points was the port here in Dakar. Thus, the visit yesterday... So after we gave them a tour of our city and the school, they invited us aboard for lunch and a tour of their ship. I got so distracted by the awesomeness aboard that I didn't take any more pictures after boarding. But seriously y'all... It was amazing!




And that was my Tuesday. 

What were you up to yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment