Monday, April 9, 2018

April's Coffee Date

Related image

Today, I'm joining Erin for her Coffee Date link-up.

This is a monthly post where we pretend we're on a fictitious coffee date with a friend, sharing anything that's on our hearts/minds at the moment.


And if we were on a coffee date right now, I'd probably share with you about this fun Photo/Writing Challenge a friend recently shared on Facebook. 

It's called the #LoveMe Challenge.

Or, it's revised name - the #PSLoveMe Challenge.

So what exactly is this challenge?

According to the creator of the challenge, Pepperscraps.com...

"#PSLoveMe is a challenge to learn to love you. Everyday there are prompts for you to look at yourself, embrace who you are, and hopefully help you learn that you are beautiful, you are amazing, and you need to love who you are."

Typically one would take a photo a day and share that on social media.

But I'm changing it up a bit.

I'll be sharing one or two (or maybe more) of the prompts at a time on here.

And today I'm sharing Prompts 1 and 2...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Prompt 1 - Why are you doing the #PSLoveMe Challenge?

My goal in doing this is that it will hopefully force me to stop being so critical of myself. And instead hopefully seeing myself for the person God created me to be.

Am I perfect?

NO WAY

Could I change? Should I change?

Yeah, there are totally things I could/should change about myself.

But, do I have to be so critical of myself?

NO

There's a saying which says You are your own worst critic. That is so true for me. I am so bad at putting myself down, nitpicking different things about myself, comparing myself to others. And it's just not good. It's not healthy.

I am the way my Creator God made me.

I am me.

Prompt 2 - Share a photo of YOU.

A friend took this photo of me at our AGWM Continent-Wide Conference this past January. I'm typically not a fan of selfies of just me. Remember my critical nature of myself? But this one? This is one I actually liked. Plus, I was wearing our One House shirt, proudly supporting this organization I'm a part of. An organization I so dearly love and appreciate.

  Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, indoor

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*

Want to play along?

Check out the Prompts below.

Prompts

No comments:

Post a Comment