Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My One Thousand Gifts #35 - 40

Happy Thanksgiving! 


Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 6 new things...

#35 - Shutterfly

I use this company to make photo Christmas cards every year. Why? 1) They're cheap. 2) They're high quality products. 3) When they make a mistake (like last year), they quickly correct the problem and make up for it in a big way. 

In the last month... 1) I got a $20 gift card from them, which I used to order a fun gift for myself and pay for the shipping to send it to Dakar. I owed NOTHING out of pocket!  2) I ordered Christmas cards and address labels from them. 3) I used their free calendar special and got a free 12 month, 8x11, photo calendar and only had to pay the $7.99 to ship it to me here in Senegal. FYI... That's super cheap for shipping overseas

And in case you're wondering, Shutterfly has no idea I'm writing this post. But if anyone wants to tell them to hook me up with more free stuff or discounts I'm all for it :)

#36 - a short week at school

I love my job. I truly do. But let's be honest... After having to wake up super early 5 out of 7 days in a week, it's so nice to have a break! So this week, I am most definitely thankful for a short week (only 2 1/2 days) of school :)

#37 - people to spend Thanksgiving with

Today is my 5th Thanksgiving in a row (well, ever) spent away from my family. It's always hard to be away from them, but especially so on holidays. So it's nice to have people to spend the day with today. I'm going to be getting together with a group of about 20 people, friends and co-workers, and sharing a meal and time of fellowship together. I can't wait!

#38 - a can of pumpkin pie filling & a can of Rotel

Have you ever just felt "down" and got a random gift that helped to lift your spirits? I did this week. Who would've ever thought something as simple as a can of pumpkin pie filling and a can of Rotel could do just that?! I know it sounds silly, but it happened. And a little FYI to the person that gave those... You totally made my day Tuesday! :)

#39 - cooking

Cooking is fun for me. And it's a de-stresser. I love it! I'm so thankful for the knowledge passed on to me by my Mama and friends. 

#40 - "quick fix" meals from the States

I love cooking. I do. It is #39 on my list. But you know... There are times when I just don't feel like cooking. Sometimes if it's been a really long day at work, I'm just too tired and have no desire to come in and have to cook. So it's nice to get out one of the "quick fix," usually microwaveable options that I brought with me from the States and make that. These are such awesome investments and I'm so glad I have them!

And in case you want a recap of the items already on my list, you can find them by clicking on the links below...
 1 - 3  

No comments:

Post a Comment