Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #60 - 64


Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 5 new things...

#60 - a good start back to school

School started back this past Tuesday and couldn't have gone better. I definitely enjoyed it! It was so good seeing all the kids again and hearing all of those "Hi Miss Nichols!" being yelled across campus from students of all ages. I loved it :)

#61 - nice smelling candles

Mango Pear, Fresh Cotton, Apple Cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice, Sweet Cranberry, Green Apple... The list could go on and on. Something I'm always sure to include in my suitcase on the way back to Dakar is candles. I love 'em!

#62 - surprise packages from the States

Imagine my surprise when the day after I get back to Dakar, I find out that I have a package waiting on me. A sweet couple from Georgia had sent me a box full of goodies. It's not just receiving a package that's so great. It's the fact that people you've only met a few times cared enough about you to send you a box full of stuff. Way to make a girl feel loved! 

#63 - a toothless grin on a 1st grader

The other day one of my sweet 1st graders came into class and said, "Miss Nichols, you take my picture. 'kay?" And then she smiled the biggest, cutest smile ever - showing that she'd lost her two front teeth over Christmas Break. I was definitely thankful for this sweet moment brightening my day :)

#64 - prayer partners around the world

This one's pretty self-explanatory. I'm so thankful for the men, women, and children that are partnering with me in prayer. What a great feeling to know people are praying for me and my ministry in Dakar. I'm so blessed!

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment